2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 10:40 AM)
The victim in the "slender man" attempted murder has received over $50k in gifts, plus a veterans purple heart. While certain people may dominate the news, 99% of the world is great people. We shouldn't lose sight of that.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/wisco...lFlowFB_CHBrand

I don't know about 99%, but it makes for an interesting poll.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
So apparently years ago LA planted a tree to honor the late/great George Harrison. They recently had to cut it down. Why? Beetle infestation. You can't make this stuff up.

Often the truth is funnier than fiction.

So apparently years ago LA planted a tree to honor the late/great George Harrison. They recently had to cut it down. Why? Beetle infestation. You can't make this stuff up.

***Making plans to plant lots of trees when the star of Footloose dies***

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
I was so pissed (pun intended) when I saw how small my kidney stone was. This little thing barely bigger than a grain of sand caused me excruciating pain for 2 days.

Isn't it somewhat broken up because you had to take stuff to make it break down(cranberry)?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
While we're on the weird bodily things kick - I was having trouble with my ear clogging up while sleeping. Excess ear wax, ultimately. Used some drops and it's disgusting what came out of there.

What is it with you and weird things happening to your head? You had a sty in your eye and now you have giant gunk balls falling out of your earholes.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
What is it with you and weird things happening to your head? You had a sty in your eye and now you have giant gunk balls falling out of your earholes.

It's a hub of activity.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)

Hence the name Heads.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
My wife stole my Sox jersey and had our wedding photographer take saucy pictures of her in it ;)

this post is worthless without pics

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
I'm in the wrong profession

Funny thing is...I believe what precipitated the whole thing was when we went to the studio to pick out the photos that would go into our wedding album, he was showing us an album that included a bunch of semi-nude and nude photos he took of a woman for her husband. I sort of laughed and said "Somehow I doubt Kelly would have you take photos like this for me." My wife giggled and said "You might be surprised."

Sure enough, she went back about a month later and had them done. She said it was hilarious because the photographer was showing her what poses to use; she also said he was more nervous than her (I will add that his own wife was present).

Edit: And directly to your point, yeah, how many other professions do you get $1,000 to take pictures of women in various stages of undress for 3 hours :)

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
Shack,

Your photographer pulling that nonsense where he is the owner of all the copyrights etc, and you are just getting a license/limited use?

Yeah, we got digital rights for the wedding photos...I'm assuming the same deal here, but he retains the copyright I'm sure.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:55 PM)
Isn't it somewhat broken up because you had to take stuff to make it break down(cranberry)?

It wasn't big enough to need to be broken up. Those people have like 8 mm stones and I pity them. I didn't take anything to break it down though, they gave me some pills that expanded my ureter to make it easier to pass.