2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 07:09 AM)
So RDJ's secret movie he couldn't mention on Stern will be Capt America 3 which will start the Civil War storyline as he goes villian vs CA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/13/r..._n_5980480.html

I guess Avengers 2 is going to be the watershed moment where Iron Man decides that superheros need to register themselves

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 07:36 AM)
I thought I read that his movie rights were actually owned by someone else

They might be, im not sure. i was just reading the wiki of the core members of the group, not saying who was going to star in the movie or show

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 07:37 AM)
They might be, im not sure. i was just reading the wiki of the core members of the group, not saying who was going to star in the movie or show

They are with Marvel but Feige said this back in July:

"It’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in."

I'd guess that Universal might still have distribution rights (similar to Paramount distributing the first few Marvel movies after Disney's acquisition) and that with all of Marvel's other properties they just won't use Namor until that is cleaned up.

I'm also pretty sure that at this point everything is back at Marvel other than Spiderman and his universe of characters (at Sony), X-Men and Fantastic Four and their universe of characters (at Fox). X-Men will be with Fox for a long long time unless Disney/Marvel just pays Fox a crazy amount of money. I could see Spiderman returning to Marvel for a decent amount of money fairly soon as Sony isn't that stable financially and they have a limited amount of characters and are starting to see significant diminishing returns on the Spiderman movies (and how many Spiderman movies can you really make with such a limited character base). Fantastic Four rights include Silver Surfer and Galactus and whether those stay with Fox or not long term will probably depend on the success of Fantastic Four next year. If that movie bombs I wouldn't be surprised if Fox gave up on those characters and decided to just focus on X-Men and let the rights to Fantastic Four revert back to Marvel and just

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
If that movie bombs I wouldn't be surprised if Fox gave up on those characters and decided to just focus on X-Men and let the rights to Fantastic Four revert back to Marvel

I actually have confidence in Josh Trank to get a good Fantastic 4 off the ground. Fox seems to have plans for their own shared universe with X Men and FF

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
I actually have confidence in Josh Trank to get a good Fantastic 4 off the ground. Fox seems to have plans for their own shared universe with X Men and FF

I don't think the quality of the movie is what will matter to Fox but whether it is profitable. If it is good but still does poorly financially I'm guessing Fox might give up on those characters making them a lot of money since neither of the first two Fantastic 4 movies (obviously they were both awful which hurt) were huge at the box office. I also am not sure Marvel cares all that much about getting the Fantastic 4 back other than to get their cosmic characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
I must read up on the Civil War story in Marvel, sounds very cool.

One thing to keep in mind about it, Spiderman is an absolutely pivotal character. If they plan on doing it without him....well lets just say they shouldnt do that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
One thing to keep in mind about it, Spiderman is an absolutely pivotal character. If they plan on doing it without him....well lets just say they shouldnt do that.

I doubt the Civil War in the MCU will be the same as the Civil War in the comics. Especially since we don't have any characters in the MCU yet whose identities aren't already known.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
I doubt the Civil War in the MCU will be the same as the Civil War in the comics. Especially since we don't have any characters in the MCU yet whose identities aren't already known.

True. But Spidermans role in Civil war is pretty big, it would be a shame to replace him

DC announced Zach Snyder is directing 2 justice league movies, 2017 and 2019. And The Flash will be in theaters in 2018, with Ezra Miller(Perks of Being a Wallflower) starring as the Flash, Green Lantern is getting a complete reboot, Aquaman, Batman, and Superman will all have solo movies before 2020

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
DC announced Zach Snyder is directing 2 justice league movies, 2017 and 2019. And The Flash will be in theaters in 2018, with Ezra Miller(Perks of Being a Wallflower) starring as the Flash, Green Lantern is getting a complete reboot, Aquaman, Batman, and Superman will all have solo movies before 2020

That's awesome. There is going to be so many movies coming out.

Glad they are giving Green Lantern another shot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
LoL, Zach Snyder.

Yea, I just don't get it. They are putting him at the helm of 4 major films for DC. MoS wasn't all bad, but it had a heavy Michael Bay dose of camera work and endless carnage. I like that Marvel has many directors at the helm of their films for different looks

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)
Yea, I just don't get it. They are putting him at the helm of 4 major films for DC. MoS wasn't all bad, but it had a heavy Michael Bay dose of camera work and endless carnage. I like that Marvel has many directors at the helm of their films for different looks

Exactly. Plus his CG is just so awful looking.

I think when we look back in a few years, most people will agree that this guy playing Superman now was bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)

Just so someone says it...yes it was. It was terrible. I liked the Transformers films better. (Personal opinion fine, but someone had to say it).

You mean Henry Cavill?

Yeah, will agree with that...Garfield has/had a lot more personality as Spider-Man, but rebooting the Green Goblin/Harry Osborn thing two times in a decade was just idiotic.

It was like the remake of Psycho with Vince Vaughn, but missing Cliff Robertson...Sally Field, while a talented actress, was cloying and tiresome.

Wonder who they will go to if Ryan Reynolds is replaced? Can't be Chris Pratt, although he's on top of the world now. Could Ryan Gosling potentially be drawn into a comic role?

BTW, BIG HERO SIX looks like it's going to be a hit...

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/big-hero-6/trailers/4289633

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)

Why even bother doing a Flash TV show?

And yeah, Civil War kinda needs Spidey. It has three central characters: Cap, Iron Man, Spidey.

I also have no doubt that a Civil War movie would shatter box office records.