2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony has to smarten up and realize that lending Spiderman to Marvel would make money for everyone.

A metric f***-ton of money. AND it would allow them to bring a little bang back to the spiderman franchise after Spiderman 2 bombed

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
It would make the lame ass Spidey reboot look better?

It would open the world up some more. And hopefully get some better writing.

The first reboot was good, the sequel was a mess

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
How did Sony get the rights to Spiderman to begin with?

when Marvel went bankrupt, they sold off the big properties. Sony got Spiderman, Fox got Xmen and Fantastic 4.

Then Marvel cleaned themselves up and made a move with the Avengers

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
when Marvel went bankrupt, they sold off the big properties. Sony got Spiderman, Fox got Xmen and Fantastic 4.

Then Marvel cleaned themselves up and made a move with the Avengers

Ahh ok. I always wondered how all those got split up but was too lazy to search for it. Thanks.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Here was my biggest issue:

I was good with just about everything until she came back, and Affleck didn't find a way out. The police wouldn't help, nor would his lawyer or anyone else involved. I just couldn't buy into that. Him staying for the baby I actually even believed, but there was like a seven week window where he was just living in the house with her, and nothing else was keeping him there aside from the press. I just couldn't get my head around that.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, very enjoyable film but I just couldn't get into that part. I kept waiting for the bottom to fall out.

Last week, Robert Downey Jr. seemed to indicate that he might continue on as Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future, despite the facts that his current contract only includes Avengers: Age of Ultron and the upcoming Avengers 3 and that he was quoted as saying one month ago today, "No, there’s no plan for a fourth 'Iron Man.'"

All that aside, Downey made an appearance on today's episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" where he was once again asked about the possibility, and this time seemed to reveal it's in the cards.

"I know there's going to be a bunch more Marvel movies," he said. "And they have big ideas of how to do it best and we're in the middle of negotiation..." Ellen quickly prompted, "So, yes?" leading Downey to reply "Okay, yes!"

Downey also took part in a Reddit AMA this today where he offered this very cryptic teaser: "Sooner than later the Marvel Roster will be made public and all questions will be answered."

Downey can next be seen as Iron Man in Avengers: Age of Ultron on May 1, 2015.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
Spidey means Marvel can do Civil War and he'd add an interesting dynamic to a team of heroes with public identities.

And if Marvel ever does Civil War, it'd shatter any and all box office records.

I think they are going to finish the Thanos story before they crack open the Civil war

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
RDJ was on Stern and said there are no plans for IM4. Said Gibson probably wouldn't want to direct anyway.

I think as soon as RDJ agrees to, or declines IM4, plans for IM4 will appear.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
Had no problem with it. Not everything is happily ever after.

That part wasn't my problem. I often enjoy endings that the audience didn't want, like Prisoners or Buried, and I like to think about ambiguous endings like Inception or Shutter Island, but this movie really didn't even HAVE an ending.

I would have been cool with her killing him, him killing her, her killing herself, her going to jail, him leaving her, or really any combination other than him being so stupid as to stay and her getting away with her ridiculous and sloppy series of events with NPH. Like the two of them never discussed her elaborate plan, the cops never looked in to it, he never told the cops, there was just SO much left undone or unsaid that it just felt so incomplete.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
That part wasn't my problem. I often enjoy endings that the audience didn't want, like Prisoners or Buried, and I like to think about ambiguous endings like Inception or Shutter Island, but this movie really didn't even HAVE an ending.

I would have been cool with her killing him, him killing her, her killing herself, her going to jail, him leaving her, or really any combination other than him being so stupid as to stay and her getting away with her ridiculous and sloppy series of events with NPH. Like the two of them never discussed her elaborate plan, the cops never looked in to it, he never told the cops, there was just SO much left undone or unsaid that it just felt so incomplete.

Well, its based on the book, which didnt have an ending like you wanted either.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Well, its based on the book, which didnt have an ending like you wanted either.

Using spoiler tags, how did the book end? Heard it maybe different.