2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
New Watch_Dogs trailer. Game looks incredible. I can't believe that EVERY single person in the city can be hacked. Over 3000 different NPCs, which is a ton, and 75 vehicles. I just can't f***ing wait. This is approaching GTA V excitement for me.

Also, official release date has been set for May 27th. So exactly 2 months from now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
New Watch_Dogs trailer. Game looks incredible. I can't believe that EVERY single person in the city can be hacked. Over 3000 different NPCs, which is a ton, and 75 vehicles. I just can't f***ing wait. This is approaching GTA V excitement for me.

This game looks awesome. It's also cool that it takes place in Chicago, even though I spotted mountains in the background.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
This game looks awesome. It's also cool that it takes place in Chicago, even though I spotted mountains in the background.

I want to know what the music is like in the game. Like if you can get a GTA V style feel of driving around listening to radio stations. Maybe bumping some Kanye, Lupe, Common, Chance, and other Chicago guys.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 11:40 PM)
They do. They also just added the ability to stream directly to twitch.tv

They work maybe 60-70% of the time. The software does learn to adjust to your voice as you offer it more commands, but even then, it works maybe 80-90% of the time.

Plus, the Xbox On command never seems to work unless you're right next to the Kinect screaming at it. Even then, it's hard to get it to turn on.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Did anyone catch the PUIG vs PENCE PS4 The Show thing on IGN today?

Couple things I noticed:

- Hunter Pence is TERRIBLE at video games

- The game looks identical to 2013

- The IGN host (Greg Miller) said he's from Chicago and dropped a couple "HE GAWN" on some Ks (sox fan??)

Pence was terrible, and he couldn't figure out how to do some of the easier aspects. Conversely, Puig was actually quite good. He beat Pence in the HR derby twice, and then even beat Russel (SCEA Dev team) in HR derby as well.

Game looks very similar to 2013, yes, but I'm still enjoying it like I always do. The biggest reason to upgrade is online franchise and year-to-year cross-platform saves. Can't wait to never start a franchise again.

And no, Greggy Mills is a Cubs fan. As soon as Pence and Puig left he jumped in to a Cubs/Cards game because he wanted to see what Wrigley looked like (even though they always reveal a ton of Wrigley pics before each game's release because it matters I guess).

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Did anyone catch the PUIG vs PENCE PS4 The Show thing on IGN today?

Couple things I noticed:

- Hunter Pence is TERRIBLE at video games

- The game looks identical to 2013

- The IGN host (Greg Miller) said he's from Chicago and dropped a couple "HE GAWN" on some Ks (sox fan??)

I think Pence just wasn't very good at The Show. He whooped ass in Injustice.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
Pence was terrible, and he couldn't figure out how to do some of the easier aspects. Conversely, Puig was actually quite good. He beat Pence in the HR derby twice, and then even beat Russel (SCEA Dev team) in HR derby as well.

Game looks very similar to 2013, yes, but I'm still enjoying it like I always do. The biggest reason to upgrade is online franchise and year-to-year cross-platform saves. Can't wait to never start a franchise again.

And no, Greggy Mills is a Cubs fan. As soon as Pence and Puig left he jumped in to a Cubs/Cards game because he wanted to see what Wrigley looked like (even though they always reveal a ton of Wrigley pics before each game's release because it matters I guess).

Apparently Puig plays a lot of soccer video games, so he's probably just good at sports games in general.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)

This is my favorite feature.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)
I think Pence just wasn't very good at The Show. He whooped ass in Injustice.

Fantastic.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 10:55 PM)
I gave in and bought an Xbox One. Mostly for Titanfall, but also for the nice TV features. Hopefully, the TV features actually work...

I just bought an Xbox One also. Should be arriving in the mail today. When they dropped the price to $450 and included Titanfall that was good enough for me. Also bought Dead Rising 3, NBA 2K14 and pre-ordered Watch Dogs. Should keep me occupied for awhile.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
I just bought an Xbox One also. Should be arriving in the mail today. When they dropped the price to $450 and included Titanfall that was good enough for me. Also bought Dead Rising 3, NBA 2K14 and pre-ordered Watch Dogs. Should keep me occupied for awhile.

I got Titanfall, Forza 5, and Dead Rising 3 is coming today.

It's definitely more fun than the PS4 so far.

For XB1 I have BF4, NBA, Titanfall and Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare (Actually pretty fun). Trials Fusion came out today (digital download tomorrow) Ill definitely be getting that. NBA and BF4 are the games I play the most. Titanfall just gets repetitive to me.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)
I got Titanfall, Forza 5, and Dead Rising 3 is coming today.

It's definitely more fun than the PS4 so far.

Titanfall and Dead Rising don't interest me a whole lot, but I saw Forza demoing at a Gamestop and was absolutely stunned at how good that game looks. I tried to play, but I think the kinect was freaking out or something because it wasn't responding to the controller very well.

I love my PS4, but I'm definitely interested in getting an XBox One if there's a huge exclusive that interests me. Also, I want them to port over the Halo games after 2. I never got to finish 3 and haven't have a 360 after college. I'm sure that's coming down the road at some point.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 09:19 PM)
Titanfall and Dead Rising don't interest me a whole lot, but I saw Forza demoing at a Gamestop and was absolutely stunned at how good that game looks. I tried to play, but I think the kinect was freaking out or something because it wasn't responding to the controller very well.

I love my PS4, but I'm definitely interested in getting an XBox One if there's a huge exclusive that interests me. Also, I want them to port over the Halo games after 2. I never got to finish 3 and haven't have a 360 after college. I'm sure that's coming down the road at some point.

I'm getting all the PS4 exclusives and most of my single player games on PS4. For the Xbox, I'm gonna pick up the exclusives and most shooters.

Outside of some of the voice control functions not working, the XB1 is a great media center. I have my TV routed through it and it's nice to be able to watch MLB.tv and TV at the same time and switch over. It'll be even better when NFL season comes around. It kind of sucks there's no NBA League Pass app though.

So I like my Xbox One all right so far, but it took me forever to install any games. Dead Rising 3 had a 13GB required update that took me probably 6 hours to download and install the game. I live in a town of less than 1000 people and we don't exactly have good internet service. That fastest my connection ever gets is about 5-6 Mbps and that's the top package my provider offers.

Well, I guess I've waited as long as I can for a PS4 The Show bundle to be announced. Apparently Meijer is having a deal where if you sign up for a credit card, you get 32% off your purchase, big ticket items included. Seems fishy, but I am going over there to check it out anyway. May come home with a PS4 tonight after work.