2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)
Titanfall beta is awesome. Can't wait for the full game to come out.

I was a little disappointed by it. It was ok, but for the hype its getting I guess I expected more. It seems like it could get really repetitive. I guess it depends on how many different maps and game modes are added before it comes out.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
I was a little disappointed by it. It was ok, but for the hype its getting I guess I expected more. It seems like it could get really repetitive. I guess it depends on how many different maps and game modes are added before it comes out.

I think there is going to be a lot more going on with this game. I was thinking they are going to have some co-op type stuff.

They have been pretty secretive about the game in general.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
The South Park game is pretty hot. Recommended for any fans of the show. Tons of references and it looks exactly like the show.

Every review I have read says that it is buggy as hell and very annoying to play, despite the easter eggs, references, and look

So it comes out today that Steve Balmer was ousted from Microsoft because their investors weren't happy with Microsoft becoming a hardware company. The xbox one has been a borderline flop so far and it is certainly something that'll be looked at by the new ceo.

Nintendo is doing worse with the Wii u. Their handheld division is their strength still but would not be surprised to see their CEO gone soon.

Sony is having to go through a complete restructure, including getting rid of their SCEA CEO today. Considering he helped found the playstation brand as a whole and the PS4 seemingly being successful, this is very odd. But Sony is a pretty terrible struggling company so I don't know what to think.

Anyways I wonder if we see a complete changeover in the video game market since no one can figure it out right now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
Every review I have read says that it is buggy as hell and very annoying to play, despite the easter eggs, references, and look

Its metascore is in the mid 80s so I don't think every review is saying it is very annoying to play.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
Sony is having to go through a complete restructure, including getting rid of their SCEA CEO today. Considering he helped found the playstation brand as a whole and the PS4 seemingly being successful, this is very odd. But Sony is a pretty terrible struggling company so I don't know what to think.

It's possible Tretton just wanted to see through the launch of PS4 and call it a career. He had been with the company for 19 years. I didn't necessarily see this as a getting rid of thing, although that doesn't mean it isn't.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)

So far I've encountered only one bug. During a training fight at the very beginning of the game I attacked the wrong guy and wasn't given the proper option to continue and had to restart. That scared me because I had also read some of the reviews about the bugs. But after a few hours that's the only one I've encountered. I saw other people complaining about the graphics being choppy or the frame rate dropping. That happens too (on the ps3 anyway) but it only happens for 3 seconds while the game is auto-saving. Not really a big deal IMO.

The combat system is a little wonky, but not to the level of being annoying. Defense requires timing and I feel like I hit the button at the appropriate time but don't get credit for it consistently. Since the fights are easy to start with, the "penalty" for being off doesn't really matter. I guess if I were dying I would be more annoyed by it.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 8, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
Those games suck me in. I don't know how they do it, but I always want to keep building. And I don't know why. I'll never spend any money to advance, but I want to keep playing and building it. I don't know why.

No I get you. I'm the same way. At some point though I just hit the wall and think "what's the point" and then drop it. But it was fun for a while.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
No I get you. I'm the same way. At some point though I just hit the wall and think "what's the point" and then drop it. But it was fun for a while.

I've been that way. For a good 3-4 months, I loved Tapped Out, but I haven't played it in like 6 months. Instead of spending 5-10 minutes playing it, you end up sitting there for 20+ minutes just to collect everything. It starts to suck.

South Park looks like a fun game but I am going to wait till it goes on Sale. Ubisoft games tend to drop really fast. Im guessing by Easter it will be $39.99.

On a side note anyone play Outlast on the PS4?? Amazing game that will scare the crap out of you especially when wearing headphones.