2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
I'm in the Elder Scrolls Online beta. The game is awful.

There's two people on another board I post at that are in it. They were giving it a chance at first, but can't believe all of the dumb pre-order crap they just announced. Their impression is that it will basically ruin any of the lore in the game and that it also looks like a desperate move.

MMO's are garbage anyway, so hopefully it fails quickly and TES goes back to doing what it does well.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
There's two people on another board I post at that are in it. They were giving it a chance at first, but can't believe all of the dumb pre-order crap they just announced. Their impression is that it will basically ruin any of the lore in the game and that it also looks like a desperate move.

MMO's are garbage anyway, so hopefully it fails quickly and TES goes back to doing what it does well.

I agree with all of this. There was a supposed KOTR online that was supposed to come out and it never really got off the surface.

Let Blizzard do the MMOs.

Does anyone have the latest Grand Theft Auto? I know I'm like 3 years behind here but I just recently got through GTA 4 Liberty City, is the new one worth getting? I only have PS3, saving up to buy the PS4 but probably won't be getting it till later in the year.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 04:15 PM)
Does anyone have the latest Grand Theft Auto? I know I'm like 3 years behind here but I just recently got through GTA 4 Liberty City, is the new one worth getting? I only have PS3, saving up to buy the PS4 but probably won't be getting it till later in the year.

GTA 5 is the f***ing s***.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
I agree with all of this. There was a supposed KOTR online that was supposed to come out and it never really got off the surface.

Let Blizzard do the MMOs.

Meh WOW was just EQ easy mode.

And SWTOR is free right now, if anyone on this board has any interest send me a message. Im currently playing and could give you some tips.

I just wish that there was 1 game that was like old eq, where s*** was actually hard and there were consequences when you f***ed up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)

And SWTOR is free right now, if anyone on this board has any interest send me a message. Im currently playing and could give you some tips.

I just wish that there was 1 game that was like old eq, where s*** was actually hard and there were consequences when you f***ed up.

Dieing in EQ was almost too much of a b**** especially if you were in the middle of nowhere. I guess after Planes of Power came out that made it a lot more easy to get around still that game was too rough to become mainstream today, people like it easy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 04:04 PM)
Tomb Raider was sweet on PS3. If I didn't already own it, I'd be the definitive edition immediately.

Yeah, Tomb Raider is a must-buy if you haven't already. The story is mediocre, but it's an incredibly fun game. If you like Uncharted, this is comparable. Better in gameplay, not as good in characters/story.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 04:15 PM)

It's one of the best games of the last generation. A must-buy for sure. And they will be *fingers crossed* be adding Heists to the online gameplay within the next month, so that will revive a lot of fans most likely.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)

Guild Wars was pretty mean when you died in missions. I hate how easy the new one is.

Added another $109 from work today to my PS4 fund. I now have $465 squirreled away just waiting to find out if The Show will have a PS4 bundle or not. Every day that passes without a release for that game is worrisome. Usually the show comes out in Late February, or early March. We are 4-5 weeks away from typical release, and yet there has been no release date or any fact sheet announced. I'm am fearing a mid-April release. Blaaaah.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 02:38 AM)
Added another $109 from work today to my PS4 fund. I now have $465 squirreled away just waiting to find out if The Show will have a PS4 bundle or not. Every day that passes without a release for that game is worrisome. Usually the show comes out in Late February, or early March. We are 4-5 weeks away from typical release, and yet there has been no release date or any fact sheet announced. I'm am fearing a mid-April release. Blaaaah.

The Show is coming out late this year. April 1st.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 08:04 PM)
Dieing in EQ was almost too much of a b**** especially if you were in the middle of nowhere. I guess after Planes of Power came out that made it a lot more easy to get around still that game was too rough to become mainstream today, people like it easy.

I can remember a wipe on Cazic Thule (Plane of Fear) where it took like a week to get bodies back because some people had been feared across the zone.

I had an original epic weapon on my druid, some of the grinding I did was just insane. I still remember the name Venril Sathir.

What is the story on the price ranges for PS4? I've seen between $350-$600, I assume the difference in price is just the amount of memory space each system has?

I only really plan on buying/playing a handful of games. So I assume I'd be cool with just the lower tier price. I assume you need the larger memory if you are buying/downloading games from the PS Network?

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
What is the story on the price ranges for PS4? I've seen between $350-$600, I assume the difference in price is just the amount of memory space each system has?

I only really plan on buying/playing a handful of games. So I assume I'd be cool with just the lower tier price. I assume you need the larger memory if you are buying/downloading games from the PS Network?

No, there is only one basic console for $399. Anything above that would be add ons (extra controller, a game, a PSN membership) or someone trying to make a profit.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 12:31 AM)
It's one of the best games of the last generation. A must-buy for sure. And they will be *fingers crossed* be adding Heists to the online gameplay within the next month, so that will revive a lot of fans most likely.

I saw a ton of great reviews about it online. From the video's I saw it does look like a fun game.

For the longest time I just played GTA 4 without doing the missions and just causing havoc. I really enjoyed the story and seeing what happened to Niko and Roman in that game.