2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 07:27 AM)
I would guess the university needed to give consent/permission and they probably turned the show's producers down when they found out about the content.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I agree with that.

The final scene in True Detective was creepy as hell, that was like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre moment. And Woody Harrelson does nothing but get the hottest chicks in the show naked.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 07:30 AM)

The final scene in True Detective was creepy as hell, that was like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre moment. And Woody Harrelson does nothing but get the hottest chicks in the show naked.

I was thinking about all the tail he's gotten on screen and it's crazy.

Young Demi Moore, young Elizabeth Shue, Rosie Perez, etc...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 07:30 AM)

The guy at the end was cooking meth, not wearing people's skin.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)
The guy at the end was cooking meth, not wearing people's skin.

Lol, Im just talking about how creepy crazy he looked. Also, he had a machete in his hand, no?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
Lol, Im just talking about how creepy crazy he looked. Also, he had a machete in his hand, no?

Yeah, he had a machete. It was a cool scene, but Breaking Bad ruined me. Immediately I thought, that guy isn't scary, he's just cooking meth.

I was looking for some good Mr. Show s*** for Zoom since apparently he didn't know that Bob Odenkirk exists outside of Breaking Bad (how the?) and came across a best of Mr. Show on YouTube.

Say goodbye to the next 30 minutes of your life.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)
McConaughey's character is awesome.

I was never a fan, but his performance is stellar. I haven't seen Dallas Buyers Club, but I guess this is quite a year for him.

The show really has a unique tone, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. Even if it ultimately does, whatshername's scene in Episode 2 will still have made it a worthwhile investment of time. Sweet Jesus

<!--quoteo(post=2925770:date=Jan 27, 2014 -> 01:13 PM:name=Steve9347)-->

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
<!--quotec-->I was looking for some good Mr. Show s*** for Zoom since apparently he didn't know that Bob Odenkirk exists outside of Breaking Bad (how the?) and came across a best of Mr. Show on YouTube.

Say goodbye to the next 30 minutes of your life.

These were some of my faves:

NSFW:

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

I know I'm 15 years late but, I just started watching The Sopranos. Pretty good stuff. Been meaning to watch it but now I've caught up on everything I wanted to so this is my filler. Should hold my attention for a while.

On another note I really love True Detective. Solid series so far and looks like it's just building to something epic.

Black sails was underwhelming to me. The trailer kinda got me excited for a mature pirate drama. It's too "pretty", some actors are hits(the captains), others are misses(merchants daughter, and the whore). I'll watch it(probably the whole season) but I hope it gets better than the pilot. 6.5/10

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 01:45 AM)
Oh my god, that first episode of Workaholics this season. That f***ing show just kills me. Adam is one of the funniest characters on TV. When Colleen's water breaks in his face, holy s***.

Yeah. Workaholics is amazing.