2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

Caught up on some TV last night:

Downton Abbey - 2nd episode (3rd hour) with the singer...Kinda jumped the shark a bit for me. The major whoa part of the episode seemed a little too unbelievable, even in that time period.

Shameless - great. Excited this is back on. More Rossum T&A, more good Frank lines. My only "complaint" was that Lip's "D" didn't make any sense. He's supposed to be some genius, right?

House of Lies - Ok. Still not sure why I keep up with this show, but it's got a cool look/style to it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 09:42 AM)
Caught up on some TV last night:

Shameless - great. Excited this is back on. More Rossum T&A, more good Frank lines. My only "complaint" was that Lip's "D" didn't make any sense. He's supposed to be some genius, right?

College is a lot different than HS. Can't coast anymore. Think him at college could be the best storyline if done right.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
College is a lot different than HS. Can't coast anymore. Think him at college could be the best storyline if done right.

Not only college, but MIT. I agree, this could really be a great storyline for him. Im worried they are gonna rush it and kick him out of college because his roomates girlfriend hates him and rats on him

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
Not only college, but MIT. I agree, this could really be a great storyline for him. Im worried they are gonna rush it and kick him out of college because his roomates girlfriend hates him and rats on him

Was it MIT? I thought it was just a made up college. I'm surprised they didn't have him go to UC or NW. Still though, this is a guy who was paid to take the ACT/SAT and scored nearly perfectly. They made it clear he was some kind of genius. I just thought they could have used a better story if they're going to use the bad grade as a way to get Lip to try harder at school. And I agree that's the most interesting storyline in the show. Lip has always been my favorite character.

The writers/directors fascination with Debbie kind of creeps me out. She can't pass for a high schooler and I think it's absurd that they want the audience to believe that the high schooler actually buys it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
Was it MIT? I thought it was just a made up college. I'm surprised they didn't have him go to UC or NW. Still though, this is a guy who was paid to take the ACT/SAT and scored nearly perfectly. They made it clear he was some kind of genius. I just thought they could have used a better story if they're going to use the bad grade as a way to get Lip to try harder at school. And I agree that's the most interesting storyline in the show. Lip has always been my favorite character.

The writers/directors fascination with Debbie kind of creeps me out. She can't pass for a high schooler and I think it's absurd that they want the audience to believe that the high schooler actually buys it.

The end of the first show made it seem like he gave up already. One of two things is going to happen, he is going to go home and say he is done with it, or someone is going to catch his attention at school.

The creepiest part of the show I thought was the scene at Mickeys house where he was counting the cash. The guy that plays their dad just looks like a total scumbag.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
The creepiest part of the show I thought was the scene at Mickeys house where he was counting the cash. The guy that plays their dad just looks like a total scumbag.

Why? Just because he drunkingly impregnated his own daughter and made his son screw a hooker while his gay lover watched? Judge much?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
Why? Just because he drunkingly impregnated his own daughter and made his son screw a hooker while his gay lover watched? Judge much?

No, not all that. Its just the outfit

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 08:38 PM)
I thought Lip was at UC

I think my mom (or dad?) said they saw something that said "Chicago Polytechnic" on it when Lip was working in the cafeteria.

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked the episode. The centerpieces on the cafeteria tables as well as a sign in the cafeteria says "Chicago Polytechnic" on it.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 01:27 AM)
Shameless was great. I nodded off a few times during True Detective. The show is pretty slow and quiet so far.

Definitely still moving a bit slow. I'm still intrigued and am definitely going to keep up with it. But slow for sure. Next week looks like it might pick up a bit.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 12:14 AM)
I think my mom (or dad?) said they saw something that said "Chicago Polytechnic" on it when Lip was working in the cafeteria.

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked the episode. The centerpieces on the cafeteria tables as well as a sign in the cafeteria says "Chicago Polytechnic" on it.

I dunno, his interview in season 3 was with an MIT rep and his character wiki says he enrolled at MIT

http://shameless.wikia.com/wiki/Phillip_Gallagher_(US)

Seems kind of silly that he would never be around the family if he is going to a Chicago based school

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
I dunno, his interview in season 3 was with an MIT rep and his character wiki says he enrolled at MIT

Seems kind of silly that he would never be around the family if he is going to a Chicago based school

They don't really mention the school now and have a fake school in the background. I'm guessing with some of the scenes, it is probably for legal purposes. Act like he is at MIT. Don't mention another school, but show references to a fake school in the background.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)

There were signs for Chicago Polytechnic in the season opener. So either the Wiki is wrong or the show messed up and forgot to removed signage from their shots