2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
Drunk History is an incredible show

I'd love to see the process for how they tape/edit that show. I read an interview where the guy said it takes 6 hours or so to film, so it's not like he just shows up and the people are drunk and he just starts filming.

It has to be scripted because there's no way a drunk person is going to remember what they're supposed to say or the story they're supposed to tell, but at the same time no one ever seems like they're reading from a prompter either. Maybe they memorize the lines before hand and then just try to stumble their way through it.

We've tried to do a drunk history a couple times with friends and it just doesn't work. The person loses focus too quickly or you can't really tell what the heck they're talking about.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)
I'd love to see the process for how they tape/edit that show. I read an interview where the guy said it takes 6 hours or so to film, so it's not like he just shows up and the people are drunk and he just starts filming.

It has to be scripted because there's no way a drunk person is going to remember what they're supposed to say or the story they're supposed to tell, but at the same time no one ever seems like they're reading from a prompter either. Maybe they memorize the lines before hand and then just try to stumble their way through it.

We've tried to do a drunk history a couple times with friends and it just doesn't work. The person loses focus too quickly or you can't really tell what the heck they're talking about.

No offense, but maybe your friends just don't know much about history. My guess is they ask a bunch of comedians which particular historical story they know, get them completely loaded, and simply let them talk about it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 11:15 AM)
No offense, but maybe your friends just don't know much about history. My guess is they ask a bunch of comedians which particular historical story they know, get them completely loaded, and simply let them talk about it.

Could be true, although my one buddy has a graduates degree in history (what a waste).

It could also be the head guy simply asking the story teller questions to clarify certain parts of the story, and that's what makes the show. I'm sure editing is a huge part of it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
Could be true, although my one buddy has a graduates degree in history (what a waste).

It could also be the head guy simply asking the story teller questions to clarify certain parts of the story, and that's what makes the show. I'm sure editing is a huge part of it.

Yes. It just doesn't seem like that difficult a process to go through. You're already dealing with comedians and they're drunk, so they're gonna say hilarious/stupid things. You probably just have to guide them a little.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 11:15 AM)

This is my thought as well. And since these comedians know they will be on camera talking about the historic event, I'm sure they are told to brush up on the history of it. It definitely does not seem as though they are reading anything, and they are absolutely hammered.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
I can't wait, Sherlock of bbc will start on xmas day.

have anyone seen this series ..... its great.

S4 or the special they're doing before s4?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 05:19 PM)
S4 or the special they're doing before s4?

for what I am able to get out of the ads and write up, the special is somewhere around xmas

and the regular se4 starts the new yr....

I guess they may be trying to get some of the over flow of the hobbit final movie.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 05:38 PM)
Awesome. Sherlock is the best show on tv, outside of GOT.

I am starting to rewatch all of the sherlocks and I forgot how great they were.

for those who haven't watch them, here is s1e1 on veoh.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v30405960N2xG7WC...A+Study+in+Pink

the esp in which Jim Moriarty was absolutely the best.... I am glad the actor got an emmy.

you know what, they are bringing Moriarty back, I don't know how..... but it is going to be fun.

s1e3 was so funny with Moriarty at the pool.....