2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
Sounds like they are just looking for a coach who won't bail to a mediocre program in 3 years.

lol

You do know that Chryst was the guy they wanted over Andersen but he didnt feel right leaving Pittsburgh so quickly.

So in the end it actually works out best for Wisconsin cause many people thought Chryst should have gotten the job over Bielema a long time ago.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
lol

You do know that Chryst was the guy they wanted over Andersen but he didnt feel right leaving Pittsburgh so quickly.

So in the end it actually works out best for Wisconsin cause many people thought Chryst should have gotten the job over Bielema a long time ago.

So it all works out best because they finally hired the coach that won't bolt for Oklahoma State in 2018. Exactly my point.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
So it all works out best because they finally hired the coach that won't bolt for Oklahoma State in 2018. Exactly my point.

lol

No it works out because they got the coach that most Wisconsin fans have wanted since 2005. When they hired Andersen 2 years ago, it was only because Chryst didnt feel right leaving Pittsburgh after 1 year. He was their top candidate.

So ultimately Wisconsin gets the guy they really wanted.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
lol

No it works out because they got the coach that most Wisconsin fans have wanted since 2005. When they hired Andersen 2 years ago, it was only because Chryst didnt feel right leaving Pittsburgh after 1 year. He was their top candidate.

So ultimately Wisconsin gets the guy they really wanted.

Good coach if he can surround himself with some recruiters.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
Mediocre hire and a worse recruiter. Wisconsin could do a lot better.

I think working under Alvarez is a tough job requirement. Program status wise, I agree they could do better.

Its not about what the outsiders think they can do, its about what the people who are inside the program and the major donors want. Chryst/Bielema was a pretty big argument with Alvarez ultimately getting his way and Chryst being given full control of the offense. When Bielema left Chryst was their #1 guy by far. At the time he felt that it was not fair to Pitt to leave after they offered him a HC job, even though Wisconsin was really his preferred location.

Whether or not hes good, who knows. But the reason they hired a coach so fast is that Chryst was the guy they really wanted 2 years ago, and so now that he was an option they didnt even look at other candidates.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
If Chryst leaves, that will be 2 straight schools I've arrived at that have lost their head coach within a few months of me arriving. one more and that's becoming a pattern.

I'd love to get you a position at Illinois.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
If Chryst leaves, that will be 2 straight schools I've arrived at that have lost their head coach within a few months of me arriving. one more and that's becoming a pattern.

So I have you to blame for the Derek Dooley years...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 09:26 PM)
I was impressed, at Indiana it took 1.25 years for me to get a sports related riot. Tennessee took 1 month.

:lol: I'm just happy I wasn't part of that. I reacted pretty rationally. I was more sad than angry. I knew USC was Kiffin's dream job. But I will never forget where I was when I heard the news - getting out of my car at Rocky Top Books on the strip.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...killed-shooting

Auburn freshman football player Jakell Mitchell was shot and killed Sunday morning at an apartment complex near the Auburn University campus, police and news reports said.

Auburn Police Capt. Will Matthews told The Associated Press that police responded at 12:25 a.m. Sunday to a shots fired call the Tiger Lodge apartment complex, where the 18-year-old Mitchell was found. Mitchell was later pronounced dead at a hospital.