2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TCU showing people why they should of been #4. Spanking Ole Miss 42-0 early in the 3rd.

I'm one that thought they definitely did not deserve to lose their 4th spot before that last week. TCU would definitely put up a better fight than a 3rd string QB Ohio State team.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
TCU showing people why they should of been #4. Spanking Ole Miss 42-0 early in the 3rd.

I'm one that thought they definitely did not deserve to lose their 4th spot before that last week. TCU would definitely put up a better fight than a 3rd string QB Ohio State team.

Hahaha.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
If they had played this pissed off when they had a 21-point 4th quarter lead in Waco, they wouldn't be playing today.

If Bo Wallace and an uninterested ole miss team was across the field that day they would be in. But they aren't. Bowl games after the fact a month later doesn't change the decision that was made based on the factors they published all along no matter how much the broadcasting team wants to keep repeating it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
If Bo Wallace and an uninterested ole miss team was across the field that day they would be in. But they aren't. Bowl games after the fact a month later doesn't change the decision that was made based on the factors they published all along no matter how much the broadcasting team wants to keep repeating it.

Congrats to TCU for a huge statement win.

But yeah, I really wanted to see Bo go out on top. I was a big fan, his great games were so great. He was a likeable player. But he was definitely prone to this stuff and it can blow up in spectacular fashion against a good team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)

"TCU is making a statement" again and again.

Great, you know how many people will care tomorrow afternoon during the semifinals? Zero.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)

Great, you know how many people will care tomorrow afternoon during the semifinals? Zero.

They aren't aware it was between Baylor and Ohio State for the 4th spot.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)

It can certainly help support the idea of an expanded playoff, though. I expect Baylor to hurt that cause tomorrow (if MSU shows up to play D- no Narduzzi might hurt).

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
Yeah, only having four teams in still makes the entire process a complete farce. It needs a huge expansion.

It's still better than what it was but 8 teams make so much sense. Especially if you play the first round at the higher seeds home stadiums.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
Yeah, only having four teams in still makes the entire process a complete farce. It needs a huge expansion.

Well yeah, everybody knows that. But it's not that easy to make it happen without stealing money out of the bowls' pockets. They run everything.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
Well yeah, everybody knows that. But it's not that easy to make it happen without stealing money out of the bowls' pockets. They run everything.

Make it 8. Play the gsmes that narrow it to 4 in the higher seed's stadium a week after the season is over, and the bowls still get their games.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
If the championship game was #1 v #2 and FSU would play whoever wins the championship with the #3 team looking on this year.

Four teams is unequivocally better than two 8 may or may not be better. I like the ND/LSU, Ole Miss/TCU type of match ups.

With the BCS it would be Bama vs FSU this year. 4 teams is obviously better, but 8 would be great.

I don't like being the way people who are fans of SEC teams are, where they cheerlead their whole conference, but the B1G could really use a win by OSU to maintain some relevance. It doesn't hurt that Alabama/Saban are supremely unlikable.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)
If they had played a team better than Minnesota in their non-conf, they wouldn't be playing today.

If TCU would have had Ohio State's non conference schedule, they'd have still been left out. I also believe they wouldn't have been in with a 13th game, as I don't believe the committee values the Big 12 that highly, nor does TCU move ratings as much as Ohio State.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
If TCU would have had Ohio State's non conference schedule, they'd have still been left out. I also believe they wouldn't have been in with a 13th game, as I don't believe the committee values the Big 12 that highly, nor does TCU move ratings as much as Ohio State.

Baylor was the conference champ and would have been in before TCU. But your non con comments are 100% false.