2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
Ironically Cutler is having his best statistical season. We all know he get those stats from, just speaks volume on how much he sucks when he's under pressure.
How the heck can this be true when he's leading the league in turnovers (again)?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
How the heck can this be true when he's leading the league in turnovers (again)?

If you're going by QBR, it's not. If you're going by passer rating, it is.

QBR

2008 - 72.06

2013 - 66.44

2007 - 58.18

2011 - 55.94

2014 - 54.99

Interestingly, he actually has more TD's and the same number of interceptions as his Pro Bowl 2008 season in Denver right now, although he does have about 20 YPG less.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Related: Excluding his 2005 and 2006 fill-in starts, Aaron Rodgers' worst Passer Rating for a season is better than Jay Cutler's best. Manning hasn't had one lower than Jay's best since 2002. Brees since 2003.

Who the hell has ever said that Cutler is as good as those guys? You are talking about some of the best ever there. Jay isn't even close to the best ever. He can be above average but you certainly can't win with him dropping back and chucking it 50 times a game. Its ludicrous how awful our offense is and I blame everyone in Halas Hall for the suckitude that has came out of it. Jay actually walks out of this smelling like Rose's compared to most.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
Who the hell has ever said that Cutler is as good as those guys? You are talking about some of the best ever there. Jay isn't even close to the best ever. He can be above average but you certainly can't win with him dropping back and chucking it 50 times a game. Its ludicrous how awful our offense is and I blame everyone in Halas Hall for the suckitude that has came out of it. Jay actually walks out of this smelling like Rose's compared to most.

You're right, so he should've never gotten payed like he's better than those guys, much less on the same level. And Jay is a guy who seemingly doesn't take coaching well, can't read defenses and makes a ton of mistakes. The whole regime should go.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
I can't believe what a failure this franchise is.

What is most disturbing in all of this is that I feel that they are continually making decisions now that will put this franchise back years and years to come with no end in sight. They have already predetermined failure for the next couple years just based on bad decisions in the past two years but I feel like the time table is continually being pushed forward by this idiots. They need to leave like yesterday so we can stop regressing further...IT JUST WONT STOP GETTING WORSE.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
What is most disturbing in all of this is that I feel that they are continually making decisions now that will put this franchise back years and years to come with no end in sight. They have already predetermined failure for the next couple years just based on bad decisions in the past two years but I feel like the time table is continually being pushed forward by this idiots. They need to leave like yesterday so we can stop regressing further...IT JUST WONT STOP GETTING WORSE.

The NFL is n the easiest sport to turn around though. Teams go in and out of the playoffs. If they truly do add more teams next year it becomes even easier. They can change their direction quite easily if they make a few good decisive actions. It sounds likethey are going to make a few after the season.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)

I've been consistently impressed at how some teams are able to rapidly completely turn things around by nailing a draft or two even when I think they're down for years. The Atlanta Falcons are probably my best recent example of this - they looked like a disaster the year of the Vick suspension, I thought they would need years, they drafted Matt Ryan and were in the playoffs the next year. It seems like there's always at least one "rapid turnaround" from a poor record to a solid one in the NFL every year.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
The talent dilution caused by adding even more teams would be awful. There aren't 32 starting-caliber QB's at it is.

Yet there are more "great" QBs in the NFL than ever. The top ten are like franchise QBs you'd have no business trading. How often has that happened?

Wussel Wilson

Peyt Peyt

Brady

Luck

Rivers

Romo

Big Ben

Rodgers

Brees

Ryan

Cam

Eli

and obviously Sanchez

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
The NFL is n the easiest sport to turn around though. Teams go in and out of the playoffs. If they truly do add more teams next year it becomes even easier. They can change their direction quite easily if they make a few good decisive actions. It sounds likethey are going to make a few after the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
I've been consistently impressed at how some teams are able to rapidly completely turn things around by nailing a draft or two even when I think they're down for years. The Atlanta Falcons are probably my best recent example of this - they looked like a disaster the year of the Vick suspension, I thought they would need years, they drafted Matt Ryan and were in the playoffs the next year. It seems like there's always at least one "rapid turnaround" from a poor record to a solid one in the NFL every year.

In a way I can see this but in the Bears situation they are going to be hurt by the Cutler money for the next couple years no matter what happens. If Emery is the guy in charge still making decisions I have zero faith that he will have the homerun type drafts that this team will so desperately need in order to even compete in the near future. If Emery is fired that's a hell of a lot of pressure for the next guy (who will be brought in by Ted Phillips I might add :( ) to hit on nearly every draft pick and none of which will be a QB to set this team up in the future. There arent any Andrew Luck quality QB coming out of college next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)

Or you can just be the Colts and plan your league awful seasons around can't miss QBs coming out of college