2014-2015 NFL Football thread

No one is talking about the play of the game yesterday in Green Bay.

Peppers forced fumble on DeMarco Murray who was going to run for a TD almost untouched.

His second forced fumble of the game.

Edited by GoSox05

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
u mad bro

LOL

He is so right though. They guy dumped the Bills to go to the Jets who many people in the market right now are turning down to even interview for their organization because its like the worst place to go right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
I heard on the radio today that Marrone still gets paid by the Bills even though he opted out. This can't be true can it?

Yup. I believe there was a $4 million opt-out clause in his contract if the ownership changed.

I heard on the radio today that Marrone still gets paid by the Bills even though he opted out. This can't be true can it?

Yep it is.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12104824...t-buffalo-bills

Mentions it in this article. Even after he finds a new job, he stills gets his $4 million base salary from the Bills in 2015. He must have a hell of an agent to pull off that deal.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
What qb's could they possibly bring in? There is no good ones out there.

Only thing I could see them do is possibly draft someone like Bryce Petty in the second round.

That's the biggest problem, and really you're hoping to hit on Petty or hoping Hundley falls (and I think some team will take a shot on him in the 1st, so he's not going to last that long anyways).

I think even a guy like Matt Moore is an option if he wants to give it another chance at starting though.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
u mad bro

Yes because you are being a bird brain. The Jets and Bills are nowhere near each other talent wise. It may very well be similar to Rex his first two years with the Jets, and that would be OK by me considering they went to the AFC Championship two years in a row.

Yes. Very good agent. I'm not upset that Marrone is gone though and Terry Pegula is worth $4.6 billion so it's a drop in the bucket for him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)
I think even a guy like Matt Moore is an option if he wants to give it another chance at starting though.

Cutler, Brian Hoyer, possibly Derek Carr if the Raiders were to draft a QB, Kirk Cousins, lots of potential retreads like Sam Bradford, Jake Locker. Not spectacular options but maybe something could build with in the right system?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
Cutler, Brian Hoyer, possibly Derek Carr if the Raiders were to draft a QB, Kirk Cousins, lots of potential retreads like Sam Bradford, Jake Locker. Not spectacular options but maybe something could build with in the right system?

That's exactly it. With a defense as talented as their's they don't need one of the best QBs in the league, they need a guy who can move the chains, keep the offense on the field, and keep the defense fresh.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:28 AM)
That's exactly it. With a defense as talented as their's they don't need one of the best QBs in the league, they need a guy who can move the chains, keep the offense on the field, and keep the defense fresh.

IMO the first 2 are the best bets, but can't speak to the personality/cap issues for everyone sides.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
Excuses, excuses. Aren't injuries like that supposed to be on the weekly injury report though? This isn't hockey with their lower-body injuries.

Don't shoot the messenger! It does explain the 8 turnovers since though.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)

They need a top 15 QB to have any chance of going anywhere. They may make the playoffs once or twice, but they aren't going very far. Unless they get a QB.

They are also in the division with Tom Brady and Ryan Tannehill, who has gotten better every year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
If he did it for the cash, well that's one thing.

Falcons have a built in offense, something he never had in NY. They need work on defense, but they have the 8th overall pick and a full draft to get better. They are also in one of the worst divisions in the league. I don't know, but it seems like a perfect fit.

Atlanta does seem like a nice fit. Dimitroff didn't want to hire Rex Ryan though. So instead of being strung along, he took the Buffalo job.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)
Atlanta does seem like a nice fit. Dimitroff didn't want to hire Rex Ryan though. So instead of being strung along, he took the Buffalo job.

I'm starting to think maybe Atlanta didn't want Ryan.

They are bringing Todd Bowles in for second interview. That could be the guy.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:20 AM)
So where are the Bears at on their coaching search?

The only relevant news is Austin (Lions DC) is interviewing tomorrow. We've interviewed Gase, Bowles, and Dan Quinn, and there was a tweet about them interviewing Shanahan but I never saw.

Pace himself interviewed Bowles but no Quinn/Gase.

I was pretty cool with most of the coaching options but now I'm nervous we'll lose out on the only one I wanted (Bowles).

I don't think anyone knows. Local media has no ties to Pace, and have never really had ties to George/Ted.

All we know right now is more for other teams. It appears that Atlanta is frontrunner for Bowles, San Fran for Quinn.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
They need a top 15 QB to have any chance of going anywhere. They may make the playoffs once or twice, but they aren't going very far. Unless they get a QB.

They are also in the division with Tom Brady and Ryan Tannehill, who has gotten better every year.

Rex Grossman made it to the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl quality QB is overrated. If the rest of the team is outstanding, a guy who can manage the game can win it all. Trent Dilfer has a ring.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
Rex Grossman made it to the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl quality QB is overrated. If the rest of the team is outstanding, a guy who can manage the game can win it all. Trent Dilfer has a ring.

4 QBs in the AFC/NFC Championships:

Tom Brady

Andrew Luck

Russel Wilson

Aaron Rodgers

8 QBs in quarters

Tom Brady

Andrew Luck

Russel Wilson

Aaron Rodgers

Peyton Manning

Tony Romo