2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
Peyton looks done. He's been lackluster for almost the entire second half of the season.

It's not just Peyton, the whole offense just lacks any sort of explosion running its routes, and Peyton isn't able to lead his receivers with his mid range throws. You'd expect more from a dynamic offense like the Broncos.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
Why would it be dead? They're both great young qb's and it's a close call on who is better.

I dont think its that close and that isnt a knock at Wilson.

If you did a poll on who you'd rather want as your QB, I bet it is a very one sided poll in Luck's favor.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
All Dez had to do was catch he ball. He did not need to stretch for a TD. In stretching for a TD, the ball was jarred loose by the ground. Good call.

I'll add that I was rooting for Dallas, but Dez routinely acts like an idiot, so I'm not surprised he isn't smart enough to know that the situation called for a catch, not a TD.

You just contradicted yourself. By "Stretching for the TD" he is making a football move. At that point, it's ruled a catch. According to the reversal, he never showed he had possession, he never stretched or reached for the endzone. And that's horses***. I've seen the replay 100 times now. He is absolutely turning his arm up towards the goalline. If he was just trying to catch the ball, he would have tucked it, not extended outward.

Horrible call to end a great game. The NFL is a f***ing joke with some of these calls and rules. For all the Lions fans who said that the horrible call last week ended their season, they've got nothing on this call, as the Cowboys never possessed the ball again, and were losing. Lions were winning and had 2 more possessions. While both were bad calls, one team had good chance to make the call irrelevant. The other team is the Cowboys.

And the Cowboys had a damn good chance to win the Superbowl as well. They have beaten 2 of the 3 opponents possibly advancing already this season.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)
You just contradicted yourself. By "Stretching for the TD" he is making a football move. At that point, it's ruled a catch. According to the reversal, he never showed he had possession, he never stretched or reached for the endzone. And that's horses***. I've seen the replay 100 times now. He is absolutely turning his arm up towards the goalline. If he was just trying to catch the ball, he would have tucked it, not extended outward.

Horrible call to end a great game. The NFL is a f***ing joke with some of these calls and rules. For all the Lions fans who said that the horrible call last week ended their season, they've got nothing on this call, as the Cowboys never possessed the ball again, and were losing. Lions were winning and had 2 more possessions. While both were bad calls, one team had good chance to make the call irrelevant. The other team is the Cowboys.

And the Cowboys had a damn good chance to win the Superbowl as well. They have beaten 2 of the 3 opponents possibly advancing already this season.

People act like the cowboys win that game if the dez catch stands. There is no doubt in my mind rodgers leads the packers to a winning score once they got the ball back at the end of the game. The Cowboys couldn't stop him in the late 3rd and 4th quarters.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/publi...Pass_Fumble.pdf

Item 1: Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or

without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting

the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches

the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching

the ground, the pass is complete.

If the ground can't cause a fumble, I just feel that if Dez caught the ball, cuffed it, and took a few steps before the ground knocked it out, it should've been ruled a catch. He had control of the ball. It wasn't wobbly as he headed to the ground. Rule needs to be fine tuned.

Which playoff game was it where a back caught a pass, fell untouched, started rolling to advance the ball, got hit, ball out, recovered by other team, and refs gave it back to the offense. I understand being down, but if you go down, untouched, and still try and advance the ball then get hit and ball pops out, that should be a fumble in my eyes.

Rant over.

this should be fun

Also, have we seen the end of Peyton? If John Fox is out, and Gase and Del Rio take HC jobs elsewhere, you have to wonder if Manning has any motivation to come back after how this season ended

The official's ruling was 100% correct whether you agree with it or not. Like most people, I do not like the rule but it is the rule. It doesn't matter how many times he taps his feet or how many times he extends his arm, if he is going to the ground he needs to maintain possession the entire time. The NFL has been very clear about that in recent years. The ball clearly hit the ground and popped out of his arm. At that point it is incomplete like it or not.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 06:26 AM)
People act like the cowboys win that game if the dez catch stands. There is no doubt in my mind rodgers leads the packers to a winning score once they got the ball back at the end of the game. The Cowboys couldn't stop him in the late 3rd and 4th quarters.

If the call is never reversed, chances are pretty good the Cowboys take the lead there, then I agree that there's a good chance Rodgers leads them to a scoring drive BUT you also have to take into account that a lot of unforeseeable things that are out of Rodgers control can happen such as a fumble by the Pack's KRer, a fumble by Lacy or Dallas strips the ball from a Packers player, etc etc.

Just a crappy way to end a great game...

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 06:26 AM)

This.

I keep hearing "awful call to end a great game". If Dallas scores, the Packers would of had 3 minutes to get in field goal range.

Aaron Rodgers was 10-10 in the 4th quarter. After that play was reversed the Packers took the ball and drove sixty yards in less then two minutes. All while taking their time.