2014 NFL Draft Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
If someone doesn't draft Bridgewater because he had a bad pro day they should be fired on the spot.

Mike Mayock still says the best pro day he ever saw was Jamarcus Russell.

I respect Mayock a lot. I believe he said Watt looked like the best 5 technique he's ever seen when he was coming out. He was right. Watt is disgusting.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
If someone doesn't draft Bridgewater because he had a bad pro day they should be fired on the spot.

Mike Mayock still says the best pro day he ever saw was Jamarcus Russell.

More than anything, I think, a bad pro day for a QB makes you ask yourself why he had a bad pro day. The coaches present said he was really nervous and anxious for the whole thing and that could be a contributor to it, but it's not a good thing that he's not performing when nervous. I saw another report that indicated it was cold, but again, you'll have to play in cold weather in the NFL. Rotoworld posted a blurb about Teddy's off-target rate being the best among draft eligible QBs last year at 11.9%. Mettenburg was 2nd and there was a slew of them in the 12.5% range. Johnny Football's was at 14.9%.

It seems like QBs are almost a crapshoot these days.

No way Bridgewater is falling out of the first solely because of a bad pro day.

A lot of people round these parts want the Vikings to draft Manziel at 8 if he's there. If both Manziel and Bridgewater are there at 8, I take Bridgewater if I'm Minnesota.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
No way Bridgewater is falling out of the first solely because of a bad pro day.

A lot of people round these parts want the Vikings to draft Manziel at 8 if he's there. If both Manziel and Bridgewater are there at 8, I take Bridgewater if I'm Minnesota.

I really don't want to face either in the division.

I just really think that they will succeed because they did so well with pressure in their face.

Whatever pro day is, that is not a game scenario. If he literally could not come close to hitting anyone, that's one thing, but I'm not hearing anything that would scare me.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
I really don't want to face either in the division.

I just really think that they will succeed because they did so well with pressure in their face.

Whatever pro day is, that is not a game scenario. If he literally could not come close to hitting anyone, that's one thing, but I'm not hearing anything that would scare me.

People put way too much stock in the combine and pro days, IMO. I place by far the most weight on how a kid actually played in games.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
That is a hard core draft dream if you are dreaming about what happens in the 2nd round.

It was wild, I can tell you guys about the whole thing. Ha-Ha Clinton Dix went 9th. The rest was blurry but a LOT of people were screaming.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
It was wild, I can tell you guys about the whole thing. Ha-Ha Clinton Dix went 9th. The rest was blurry but a LOT of people were screaming.

I am going to burst into flames if the Bills take Clinton-Dix

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)
That was why people were screaming.

I hope your dreams are not prophetic. I think Pryor is the best safety in the draft, but with TE, OT, and DE as much bigger needs for the Bills, drafting anything other than one of those 3 at 9 would be a colossal mistake.

Wait, people think Nix is a 2/3 round pick?? I'm a Notre Dame hater and still think he's a 1R pick.

I wouldn't mind drafting him in the first 1 bit, esp. if Donald is gone. Matter a fact, again saying this as a ND hater, I wouldn't absolutely hate to see them go with Tuitt in the 2nd.

Something like....

1- Nix

2- Tuitt

3- Terrance Brooks S

4- Rashaad Reynolds CB

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
Nix has first round talent, but I am skeptical about his ability to stay healthy and in shape

That's a fair concern. I do however like that he lost the 20 pounds pre draft, that at least shows he's capable.

I'd prefer Donald/HHCD/Pryor and maybe Jernigan/Hageman over him, but I wouldn't hate to see him be the pick one bit.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
Wait, people think Nix is a 2/3 round pick?? I'm a Notre Dame hater and still think he's a 1R pick.

I wouldn't mind drafting him in the first 1 bit, esp. if Donald is gone. Matter a fact, again saying this as a ND hater, I wouldn't absolutely hate to see them go with Tuitt in the 2nd.

Something like....

1- Nix

2- Tuitt

3- Terrance Brooks S

4- Rashaad Reynolds CB

The Bears have brought Mundy and MD Jennings at safety, and there are two safeties who warrant 1st round consideration. If they reach for Nix while either Clinton-Dix or Pryor are on the board, the fans should mutiny. They need developmental guys upfront, but they have added enough this offseason to suffice for this season.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 12:19 PM)
The Bears have brought Mundy and MD Jennings at safety, and there are two safeties who warrant 1st round consideration. If they reach for Nix while either Clinton-Dix or Pryor are on the board, the fans should mutiny. They need developmental guys upfront, but they have added enough this offseason to suffice for this season.

If you read my last post I said I'd prefer HHCD/Pryor over him, with the post you quoted I'm merely saying I wouldn't hate it.

I think Mundy is a fine player who's been behind some really good safeties in his career (see: Polamulu, Troy), and he'll be fine at SS.

Now, it's probably just GM mumbo jumbo, but Emery has said that he would like to talk extension with Conte, and that he will compete for his job back. So if that is indeed true I can see him waiting a round or 2 to bring in a guy to compete with him.

As far as them bringing in enough, I only see that at the DE position. Right now they have Jay Ratliff and Stephen Paea as starters with Nate Collins and Izzy Idonje as backups. Ratliff looked decent down the stretch, but the fact of the matter is he hasn't done squat in like 4 years. After 3 years of Paea I just have no clue what to think of him, someone with a PFF sub care to share how he's graded out? Nate Collins and Izzy are both question marks in my book as well.

IMO all those guys are rotational players. I'd like to see 2 DTs in the first 4 rounds with a S with some coverage skills and a CB mixed in with the other 2 picks.

Not a huge fan of Nix at #14, but I do like him overall. Hopefully this dream was the Bears trading down to take him. Because I can't rationalize using the 14th pick on Nix.

If Donald isn't on the board, I hope they wait until R2 or R3 to take a DT. Maybe even hope one of the top DTs falls out of the 1st round, and then possibly trade up a few spots to snag them (a la, Alshon Jeffery).

Also, I hate that all the draftniks are now hoping on the Dominique Easley bandwagon. Even after the 2nd ACL tear, I continued to be a big proponent of taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round, and saw it as a major steal. Seems that he's working his way back up now.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
Not a huge fan of Nix at #14, but I do like him overall. Hopefully this dream was the Bears trading down to take him. Because I can't rationalize using the 14th pick on Nix.

If Donald isn't on the board, I hope they wait until R2 or R3 to take a DT. Maybe even hope one of the top DTs falls out of the 1st round, and then possibly trade up a few spots to snag them (a la, Alshon Jeffery).

Also, I hate that all the draftniks are now hoping on the Dominique Easley bandwagon. Even after the 2nd ACL tear, I continued to be a big proponent of taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round, and saw it as a major steal. Seems that he's working his way back up now.

FWIW one of McShay or Kiper(Or someone similar) actually had the Bears taking him in their first mock of the year which was months ago.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)

Bears DT position is brutal right now. They have a major need at the position. I'm not saying they don't have a major need at safety either, but I am not going to get on them if they take a DT. It is such a huge need.