Max Scherzer

GreatScott82

I'm calling it now- the White Sox will sign Max Scherzer to a monster deal next winter. Apparently Max is really upset with Dombrowski after he made their negotiations public recently. After reading some of this today, it got me thinking about our bright future here on the south side. What better way to bolster our rotation next year than acquiring Max? Not only will it help this team tremendously, but it will also simultaneously hurt Detroit.

2015 Rotation

Sale (26)

Scherzer (30)

Quintana (26)

Danks (30)

Johnson (25)

That looks pretty good to me!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the fact that he will cost a team a draft pick, I really don't see him getting as much $$ as people think. Look how long it took Ervin Santana to sign this winter. He eventually accepted a 1 year deal for lower salary... I'm just saying- don't count the Sox out!

I just don't see a top rotation starter being our most likely need, if I had to guess id go with either catcher or a LH middle of the order bat.

But if somehow this teams grows up and plays better than I think they will, and somehow at the same time pitching becomes a hole, you know I could actually maybe guess Hahn go for the splash. But man, esp if we draft a pitcher third, that just will not seem like a need to me.

I could absolutely see the north side putting up like 8/$190 for him.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
Due to the fact that he will cost a team a draft pick, I really don't see him getting as much $$ as people think. Look how long it took Ervin Santana to sign this winter. He eventually accepted a 1 year deal for lower salary... I'm just saying- don't count the Sox out!

Reread what you just said. Comparing Santana to Scherzer?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)
Reread what you just said. Comparing Santana to Scherzer?

I get what your saying, BUT- teams are putting a great premium on draft picks these days- this may shy some of the buyers away from going after him. Will this lower his asking price? Maybe...

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
I get what your saying, BUT- teams are putting a great premium on draft picks these days- this may shy some of the buyers away from going after him. Will this lower his asking price? Maybe...

NO. Boras is his agent.

But Reinsdorf is more likely to put the team up for sale than sign Max Scherzer.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)

The guy just rejected 144M from the tigers. I think he(and Boras) set his bar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)

If we are going to spend $200 million on a player (LOL) it will be somebody like Mike Stanton, not a pitcher.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
The guy just rejected 144M from the tigers. I think he(and Boras) set his bar

I wouldn't go higher than 150M for 7 years for sure. If teams start bidding out of control than forget about it. I just don't think he will get as much money as people anticipate. I do think Hahn will be in the running for Max... at least until the bidding gets out of control. And if it does, than you were all right- he will not sign with us.

I do think we will draft a starting pitcher with the 3rd overall pick- however, it may take 2 to 3 years for him to develop. With that said, other than Max- who will Hahn go after?