NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 08:41 AM)
I know it's pretty great. Has there ever even been one of these that turned out to be accurate? I vaguely remember something about when Chizik left Iowa State for Auburn, but I can't remember if it was spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong.

When the Florida AD flew out to Fort Collins to hire the new football coach a few months ago, they were all over that, following his flight online. I don't know if the meeting was prior knowledge or not though

Syracuse gets hit by the NCAA

Losing 12 scholarships over 4 years.

The NCAA, in today's report, said it accepted Syracuse's self-imposed postseason ban but noted that it did not reduce the school's other penalties because it occurred after the hearing in front of the committee on infractions.

The NCAA did not impose any further postseason bans.

The violations go back to 2001, the NCAA ruled.

The school received the report this morning.

The penalties do not include SU forfeiting its 2003 national basketball championship.

The SU basketball program will also have to forfeit an unknown number of wins from the seasons of 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2010-11 and 2011-12.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
Down 3 scholis for 4 straight years is murder. They killed Boheim's career. For once I'll say the ncaa came down hard.

They should have given him a show cause at least. I read the report, its horrific.

Coach cheats for a decade, gets 9 game suspension. LOL NCAA

Let's see how the ACC schedules them next year. They could load Duke/UVa/UNC/Louisville up in the first half of the schedule to really make the punishment sting or they could load those teams up in the second half to make the punishment softer.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Can someone explain why Murray State is ranked? Do people who rank teams even pay any attention at all?

They're 26-4 and ranked #25. Big whoop.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
They surely do look at your last 10 games. I specifically remember them saying that on last years selection show.

They dont. They took that out about 10 years ago. It did used to be a criteria.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 03:55 PM)
Horses*** officiating in Illinois-Purdue game so far. Purdue getting away with holding and grabbing like always and yet Illinois getting called for everything and Hill's charge was a f***ing joke.

Yeah Illini got called for 6 fouls in literally 2 minutes. Luckily three were on Morgan and boilers can't do anything right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
Does Rice have a tattoo under is right eye or is it a mole?

Amazed how refs are always screwing illinois. 30 games a year.

I'd call a block e wry time unless it was obvious.

Purdue has been getting away with mugging people at home for years. It's absurd. Watch their guards on the perimeter, hands all over guys constantly.

And while announcers always say that the block/charge call is tough it really isn't. It's almost always a block.