NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It still pisses me off that the NCAA dropped the freedom of movement rules they tried to implement. The vast majority of these games are basically unwatchable for 38 minutes. That MSU/Virginia game was horrendous basketball. I don't get how anyone can prefer college basketball to the NBA right now unless your team is playing.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
It still pisses me off that the NCAA dropped the freedom of movement rules they tried to implement. The vast majority of these games are basically unwatchable for 38 minutes. That MSU/Virginia game was horrendous basketball. I don't get how anyone can prefer college basketball to the NBA right now unless your team is playing.

Does the NBA have crying flutists? I think not.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
Yeah, no thanks. No ball movement, very few basketball plays being made and a march to the free throw line? Awful.

The problem is if they install the freedom of movement rules there would be even more trips to the line. It might be for the greater good long term, but it would cause some absolutely crazy FT numbers early on (think of the NBA when they first installed the rules, ie Wade in the 06 finals)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 03:28 AM)
Other than the early games on Thursday (which I didn't even get to watch) I thought it was a really boring first weekend of games in general.

It's been an accurate representation of the entire season. Awful offenses, bad refs and a lack of star players.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
Other than the early games on Thursday (which I didn't even get to watch) I thought it was a really boring first weekend of games in general.

It has been pretty uneventful since Thursday.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
It's been an accurate representation of the entire season. Awful offenses, bad refs and a lack of star players.

You would think with shot clocks and a relatively favorable 3 point line, 65 points wouldn't be that much to score in a game. Now it seems if a team gets 80 they have been on fire.

I have a theory that the 3 point line has hurt fast breaks. Offenses already have 2 or 3 guys back on defense.

Jevon Thomas transferring from Kansas State. From everything I heard, he was the center point of all the problems with Marcus Foster, but he was certainly on the "correct" side of the drama. I hope he's transferring on his own accord and not being pushed out and not to appease Foster. Weber has been known to hang on to certain players too long so who knows.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
Jevon Thomas transferring from Kansas State. From everything I heard, he was the center point of all the problems with Marcus Foster, but he was certainly on the "correct" side of the drama. I hope he's transferring on his own accord and not being pushed out and not to appease Foster. Weber has been known to hang on to certain players too long so who knows.

Foster gone as well.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
Indiana's Stanford Robinson is transferring.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear someone for UI leaving at some point as well, I could see Morgan leaving at this point.

I believe they still need one more to go right?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear someone for UI leaving at some point as well, I could see Morgan leaving at this point.

During Groce's press conference yesterday (at least reading about it on twitter) I didn't see Colbert's named mentioned. Groce said something about what Morgan needed to do for next year. I wondered if that was a sign Colbert was getting the "minutes are going to be tough to get next year, might want to consider moving on" talk.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 11:45 AM)
During Groce's press conference yesterday (at least reading about it on twitter) I didn't see Colbert's named mentioned. Groce said something about what Morgan needed to do for next year. I wondered if that was a sign Colbert was getting the "minutes are going to be tough to get next year, might want to consider moving on" talk.

We will hear more during the next few days as they go through meetings with the players, but Morgan seemed to be passed by Colbert towards the end of the season.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
We will hear more during the next few days as they go through meetings with the players, but Morgan seemed to be passed by Colbert towards the end of the season.

Yeah, the only way I could see them wanting to keep Morgan and not Colbert is if they feel Colbert provides nothing that guys like Paul or Finke couldn't provide, while Morgan is a bigger body. Morgan was awful though.

Edited by Boogua

Not surprising at all, he's the one I expected to transfer the most. Minutes cut way down from freshman to sophomore year, in part because there were better players and in part because he was playing worse.

Rock: Yep, need one more to leave, either via transfer or to the NBA. If any of them (Troy or Yogi) go the NBA they're stupid. I wouldn't be surprised to see Priller, Hoetzel or April transfer. Holt wouldn't surprise me either.