NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 6h6 hours ago

Texas officials prepared to go as high as 6 years, $18 million to land Shaka Smart. @statesman http://shar.es/1guyoa

That's really not that crazy considering how much money they have. I still question his ability to be successful at a big time schools with big time recruits.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
When you make the current version of Dick Vitale look competent you have no business being on TV. He was absolutely horrendous and the game had also passed him by.

Yeah you couldn't listen to him anymore. Last night he was saying his goodbyes.

Lou Holtz needs to go with him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
Calipari will be inducted into the hall of fame this year. Really? Amazing how people turn a blind eye to the past.

and as someone on Twitter pointed out, Izzo and Billy Donovan isnt.

Might not be a bigger joke of a HOF in sports.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)
Calipari will be inducted into the hall of fame this year. Really? Amazing how people turn a blind eye to the past.

Why exactly should Calipari not make the HOF? Did he take the SAT for Rose? Were it his agents that paid Marcus Camby?

It's funny how Calipari is somehow the only coach that dirty recruits, yet nobody else does, even when they take his recruits.

It sounds like he got a raw deal on this crap this year but I'm betting there is no way he's passing classes, so that's why I'm not shocked he's going.

He had no coaching in high school and as Self said,had to be taught basic stuff in college. He'll never make it in the NBA and probably could go Un drafted. 2 nd round maybe.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

2016 NCAA tourney projected by Lunardi

1) MD 2

6) Iowa 8

8) Michigan 11

3) MSU 3

7) Illinois 10

5) Purdue 4

4) Wisconsin 4

2) Indiana 2

9) Ohio State

LAST 8 OUT (Ohio State and UNI)

On outside looking in: Minnesota, Nebraska, NW, PSU, OSU, Rutgers

Iowa State 2 seed

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball...sketball-season

Iowa State at #4...can they live up to those expectations? They'll now be the favorites over KU and OU with Oubre and C.Alexander leaving for the NBA.

How could incompetence like this be allowed to exist in the crown jewel event of an incredibly powerful and wealthy organization like the NCAA?

..."All four of our officials were involved in the review -- Jeff Clark was our standby," John Adams told SiriusXM College Sports Tuesday. "We never saw on our monitor what everybody saw at home, if you can believe that."

Adams said he saw the broadcast angle only after the referees left the scorer's table, and considered taking an unprecedented step -- calling the officials back over to the monitor -- before deciding against it.

"I saw it after they had left the monitor, and actually thought about: Is it in my prerogative to get up, run over the table, buzz the buzzer and tell them to come back and look?" Adams said. "That's how critical I thought the play was, and concluded that this is a job for the guys on the floor and I've never done this before, why would I do it tonight and perhaps change the balance of the game?"...

Incredible.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
How could incompetence like this be allowed to exist in the crown jewel event of an incredibly powerful and wealthy organization like the NCAA?

Incredible.

Wisconsin fans are going to have a difficult time living with the referees' decisions (and non-action, in this case) for a long time.

Especially with tv cameras clearly showing Winslow's foot on the line and the ball going off his fingertips.

Those are not debatable. Then there were the three charges/blocks that all went Duke's way. Pretty much five significant/game-altering events going against you...Wisconsin could have won if it was only 2-3, but couldn't withstand all 5.

That's not even mentioning time Wisky was called for a foul while their defender was getting smacked with an elbow while the Duke player jumped into him, initiating contact.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 11:32 AM)
Nigel Johnson also transferring from KSU. They don't return a single player who had an offensive rating of 100 or higher this year. Yikes.

The second program in a row he has absolutely destroyed. Like I said before, maybe he succeeds in the MVC again in a year or two.

The CBS Sports article seems to be entirely basing their rankings off of tournament success THIS year. Nobody loses more than Wisconsin in the Big Ten and they gain only one top 100 player. But all of a sudden Bo Ryan is the reason they got to the final four? They will be competitive in conference with Hayes and Koenig, but they are going to have a HUGE drop off.

The CBS Sports article seems to be entirely basing their rankings off of tournament success THIS year. Nobody loses more than Wisconsin in the Big Ten and they gain only one top 100 player. But all of a sudden Bo Ryan is the reason they got to the final four? They will be competitive in conference with Hayes and Koenig, but they are going to have a HUGE drop off.

Not entirely. They left ND completely out of the Top 25.