NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
Getting really pumped for Saturday! Been a long time since I've been to our opener.

Tough first game but I'm stoked. Hope it's on TV up here.

Wondering if a couple of local guys at SLU will play right away as frosh.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 06:59 AM)
Tough first game but I'm stoked. Hope it's on TV up here.

Wondering if a couple of local guys at SLU will play right away as frosh.

Let me know if you find it on a channel, I checked the guide for Saturday and couldn't find it, but sometimes the games fill in the "TBA" slots the day before.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 07:25 AM)
Let me know if you find it on a channel, I checked the guide for Saturday and couldn't find it, but sometimes the games fill in the "TBA" slots the day before.

Hoping for Watch ESPN app.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 09:33 PM)
Two days til Hoiball!

Get ready for Iowa State to be one of your favorite power conference teams to watch.

I'll be here as the other Cyclone, helping hold up the flag this season. It's been a bunch of years since Iowa State went into the season ranked this high.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
Christian Brothers (DII) 74, Memphis 70. At Memphis.

Ouch.

Saw that score last night. Is Memphis going to be any good anyway? Still embarrassing.

No ESPN 3 for SIU/SLU on Sat.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
I'll be here as the other Cyclone, helping hold up the flag this season. It's been a bunch of years since Iowa State went into the season ranked this high.

Let me know if you want my login for Cyclones.tv.

There's only five games this year where there are even single-game tickets available for purchase.

This is also the first year that you are required to donate $5,000 a year for the right to purchase season tickets in the lower bowl.

I'm not used to this big-time program stuff.

Just remember that we won by like 67 last week without three guys that will all play a lot this year. Nader has supposedly been one of the best in practice so far this year, and McKay might start.

Looking forward to scoring 100+ multiple times this year.

YES!!!!!!!!

My early prediction that nobody will remember if I'm wrong...Witchita State has their "One Shining Moment" in April!

SIU and SLU maybe on Comcast channel 520. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 09:04 PM)
Let me know if you want my login for Cyclones.tv.

There's only five games this year where there are even single-game tickets available for purchase.

This is also the first year that you are required to donate $5,000 a year for the right to purchase season tickets in the lower bowl.

I'm not used to this big-time program stuff.

Just remember that we won by like 67 last week without three guys that will all play a lot this year. Nader has supposedly been one of the best in practice so far this year, and McKay might start.

Looking forward to scoring 100+ multiple times this year.

I only ever went when I was a student, and they had a special program for that. It worked like this:

--You (and your group usually) applied for the ticket lottery

--If you "won" (most years, most got in, but not all), each person in the group got a punch card with boxes for each game

--You got every Big 8 (became Big 12 at end) home game, a few key OOC games (always in-state rivals), and a random selection of like 2 other games.

--The games were split into four groups - for two of them you'd be UD student section, one LD student section, one behind the baskets courtside. So you'd get like 3-4 games in each grouping

--The whole punch card cost about $100

Is there still a student ticket thing like that now?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 07:19 AM)
My prediction for Illinois: 12-1 non-coonference, 11-7 in B1G play. 23-8 Regular season, 2 wins in the BTT, and a sweet 16 appearance in the tourney.

I'm starting to buy the hype, but I just can't expect more than being a bubble team. Lack of front court depth is going to be a huge problem.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
I'm starting to buy the hype, but I just can't expect more than being a bubble team. Lack of front court depth is going to be a huge problem.

If Egwu gets hurt, then sure. There is more front court depth this year than there was 2 years ago when there was a sophomore Egwu, McLaurin, Henry, and Griffey. I would take SR Egwu, Hill, Black, and Morgan over that pretty much any day. That team was a 7 seed.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)

I'm not that worried about the frontcourt. Hill is going to be fine at the 4 and I'm assuming that Black will be a solid rotation guy. Egwu is the most irreplaceable guy on the roster - so long as he's back there anchoring the defense it will hide some of the defensive deficiencies that come with Starks. I'm just hoping Morgan/Colbert/Finke can give 10-12 competent minutes a night...

My biggest concern is secondary ball handler. Sounds like the staff likes Rice in that role, but I'm having a hard time seeing that. If it works out, wonderful because that's how you get Rice, Cosby, Nunn and Hill all on the floor during crunch time...

Very excited to have a number of plus shooters. Illinois hasn't had that in a long time...

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
If Egwu gets hurt, then sure. There is more front court depth this year than there was 2 years ago when there was a sophomore Egwu, McLaurin, Henry, and Griffey. I would take SR Egwu, Hill, Black, and Morgan over that pretty much any day. That team was a 7 seed.

Or gets in foul trouble. Basically I don't trust Morgan or Colbert at all at the 5 for anything more than about 5 minutes a game. And you know that's going to happen a lot, especially on the road in conference.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
Or gets in foul trouble. Basically I don't trust Morgan or Colbert at all at the 5 for anything more than about 5 minutes a game. And you know that's going to happen a lot, especially on the road in conference.

Those guys combined for 12 minutes per game last year. They were freshman then and are sophomores now. I think, at the very least, Morgan has improved from last year.

Egwu played less than 25 minutes 4 times last year @ penn st (a win), @unlv (a win), at home against valpo (a win), and against msu (a loss). I'm not worried about the foul trouble at all.

Edited by Boogua