NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
I lied.

Considering the pieces they are missing, that was impressive. They get two guys back now, and their center in December.

I do wish they scheduled one or two stronger OOC teams than they did though. No one on their OOC schedule looks to be ranked at this point.

Cliff Alexander and Perry Ellis look tiny out there. This Kentucky team doesn't have a superstar but this is the deepest and most talented team I can remember top to bottom at the college level. Their size is just ridiculous, if they keep their defensive intensity up all year everyone is really going to struggle scoring against them. It helps when you have incredible size and length and most of your big men can move laterally as well.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 04:46 PM)
Considering the pieces they are missing, that was impressive. They get two guys back now, and their center in December.

I do wish they scheduled one or two stronger OOC teams than they did though. No one on their OOC schedule looks to be ranked at this point.

Alabama up next on Monday. ESPN2.

Monte Morris is never coming off the floor again, either.

Nice thing is I think only like three more games aren't on national TV for the rest of the year.

Iowa for three years now having troubles in the 2nd half.

They led Tennessee by double figures in the 1st round of the NCAA's, they led 13-2 and 30-24 at halftime and got overwhelmed (I'm guessing athletically) in the 2nd half.

Uthoff has to take that next step for them to make the tourney...he's an incredible athlete, just gets timid and disappears at times.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 08:07 PM)
Gesell is just not a very good player. Iowa has a very good frontcourt, but a poor backcourt.

They're going to miss Marble, even though he was perceived by some to be a selfish/me first player.

One thing he could do well was create his own shot off the dribble...or get to the rim when the offense broke down.

They're hoping Dickerson and Clemmons can pick up the slack, and some of it's going to have to come from Oglesby consistently hitting 3's from outside to open up lanes by spreading out the defense to keep them from packing down on White/Olaseni/Woodbury.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
Good win for IU.

This team's gonna go as the 3-ball goes this year.

Sounds like Michigan. Wolverines have no frontcourt.

Any NW guys know why Collins hates Sobolewski? Nevermind, he's just bad.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
Yeah definitely streaky. Blackmon is a stud.

IU is going to pull some upsets if their backcourt gets hot.

I was telling my roommate last night, if Blackmon stays 3-4 years he's going to be a monster.