NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 05:04 AM)
Has that been rumored?

Wonder why they'd want him. Purdue's been pretty meh recently.

Not rumored, as Mark Price is the favorite as of now. After the Gregory hire, I worry about anyone that doesn't make sense but might want out before they get fired

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
No it wasn't. You can tap the ball backwards off a miss shot and if it goes into the backcourt it isn't over and back.

I don't think thats the rule. If an illinois player touches it first, sure, but not a straight pass/tip

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 11:34 PM)
I don't think thats the rule. If an illinois player touches it first, sure, but not a straight pass/tip

It is. No one has possession in that situation so Purdue has never established possession in the frontcourt for there to be a backcourt violation.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 10:56 PM)
It is. No one has possession in that situation so Purdue has never established possession in the frontcourt for there to be a backcourt violation.

I think if you tap the ball directly as he did, that should be considered possession. It was the same as a rebound and pass, just in one motion.

That was one of the better 2nd halves under Groce, it was really encouraging to see. Also, Leron is going to be a beast, kid is just starting to figure it out and he'll be a rebounding machine which Illinois hasn't had in quite a while.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
That was one of the better 2nd halves under Groce, it was really encouraging to see. Also, Leron is going to be a beast, kid is just starting to figure it out and he'll be a rebounding machine which Illinois hasn't had in quite a while.

Yeah, I thought the idea of having Hill front Hammons while Egwu was able to sag off of a 18% 3PT shooter and help was pretty ingenious. I thought the game was pretty much over after Egwu picked up his fourth foul.

I think Black, Nunn, and Hill all have the ability to make an All Big Ten at some points in their career. I mean, Hill didn't look that great physically last night and he still ended up with 18-6-4. It just seems like the young players have a much better basketball acumen in comparison to the older guys. This includes Rice. Hill made a stellar pick and roll pass late to Egwu that resulted in an and 1 dunk and then he had a nice assist to Black late in the game where I'm almost positive Rice would have tried to force both.

Back to being irrationally hopeful:

@Minn - Win

PSU - Win

Rutgers - Win

@MSU - Loss

Mich- Win

@Wis - don't even make the trip

MSU - Win

@Iowa - Loss

NW - Win

Neb - Win

@ Purdue - Loss

10-8. Solidly in the tourney with a 7-9 seed.

More realistic: they lose @ Minn and one of their home games. 8-10. Out of the tourney.

That Michigan choke job was so huge. The tough Indiana loss was equally huge.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
Look at the Blue Demons!

Oh, and Ga Tech has 18 points with 11 minutes left in the game. Gregory shouldn't be allowed back on the plane home.

What the hell is going on there? They went 6-7 in the non-conference, and suddenly they are 5-2 in the Big East?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
Look at the Blue Demons!

Oh, and Ga Tech has 18 points with 11 minutes left in the game. Gregory shouldn't be allowed back on the plane home.

They have been something and are first in the Big East but you just know at some point the bottom is going to fall out. I hope not but cmon.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
That offensive set was fantastic and Maryland had no answer and apparently have no zone sets.

The commentary was a little over the top, but I've got to admit to being really impressed with what Crean has done to get this team in shape and performing like this in January.