Adam Dunn appears to be back!

sin city sox fan

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
And this would be another case where "advanced metrics" would be really stupid.

I totally disagree. If someone wants to give Adam Dunn more htan $5 million next year I'd be happy to let them. $5 million for Adam Dunn, with what he's producing right now, is an overpay to me. It's an overpay I'd consider because of the lack of LHB in our lineup, but I'd certainly consider other options first.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
Re-signing Dunn is less an issue of money and more an issue of player development, IMO. The rotating DH with four full-time OFs makes a lot more sense for a team that is developing young OFers like the White Sox

I do agree with this.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
35 HR's and 90 BB's aren't worth $5M? You know it's 2014, right?

Adam Dunn has hit 9 HR in 208 PA's this season. Scaling up to a full 600 PA season, he's on pace for 26.

Also he only walked 76 times last season, so 90 BB's aren't guaranteed etiher although he's on a good walk pace this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
Adam Dunn has hit 9 HR in 208 PA's this season. Scaling up to a full 600 PA season, he's on pace for 26.

Also he only walked 76 times last season, so 90 BB's aren't guaranteed etiher although he's on a good walk pace this year.

I just laugh at the people that think Dunn is worth anything. Do people see the market for Kendry Morales and think, yea, a guy 5 years older with stats half as good over the past few years is gonna get signed to a multi year, 10-15 million dollar deal?

Come on people, get real. 35 year old DHs better have an OPS above 850 to have value. Hell, look at Ortiz, he's the most effective DH in the AL and he's ONLY getting 14 million and the Sox refuse to sign him long term.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)

He'll end up with around 35 like he does every year sans 11.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
I just laugh at the people that think Dunn is worth anything. Do people see the market for Kendry Morales and think, yea, a guy 5 years older with stats half as good over the past few years is gonna get signed to a multi year, 10-15 million dollar deal?

Come on people, get real. 35 year old DHs better have an OPS above 850 to have value. Hell, look at Ortiz, he's the most effective DH in the AL and he's ONLY getting 14 million and the Sox refuse to sign him long term.

Nobody advocated giving Dunn a deal similar to Morales or Ortiz.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Would you make him a qualifying offer in the hopes that he declines it and the team gets a supplimental pick?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
Nobody advocated giving him a qualifying offer. :lol: around and round we go.

Please read the first post.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 07:56 PM)
I totally disagree. If someone wants to give Adam Dunn more htan $5 million next year I'd be happy to let them. $5 million for Adam Dunn, with what he's producing right now, is an overpay to me. It's an overpay I'd consider because of the lack of LHB in our lineup, but I'd certainly consider other options first.

Amen. Great post.