White Sox vs Rays - 4/26 - 6:10 - CSN - Game 2 of 4

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks to see them build up some great momentum last night, only to follow that with a sloppy effort tonight. At least the ace of the staff is going against Price tomorrow. They have to find a way to get some better roster balance, but all these injuries are ridiculous.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 09:31 PM)
Wow, probably the right decision but pretty disappointing for Johnson's progress

I don't see it as a huge deal. The pitching staff is all kinds of messed up right now. They need bodies, and Johnson just hasn't been good. This might just be two starts in Charlotte, and he'll be back. Couple weeks from now Sale-Hanson-Quintana-Johnson-Danks.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
I don't see it as a huge deal. The pitching staff is all kinds of messed up right now. They need bodies, and Johnson just hasn't been good. This might just be two starts in Charlotte, and he'll be back. Couple weeks from now Sale-Hanson-Quintana-Johnson-Danks.

Or Noesi can start spot starting and going as the long man in order to build up his pitch counts.

Like Paulino, Noesi was up at 95-97 when he was facing us with the Rangers, maybe they're getting him to throttle back on the velocity and go more for movement or two-seamers/sinkers, as he was 91-93 MPH today.

Otherwise, Petricka's the only other option, but I think the Sox are more or less convinced his future lies in the bullpen, rather than a return to starting.

And then there's Rienzo, too, who's also more of a long man based on the lack of dominating stuff and an out pitch.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 02:17 AM)
It's never going to happen, but it would be nice if Konerko had it all out of his system by the break, and he walked away.

You might be right, but it's a cheap shot to blast a guy who goes 2-for-4 on a night the team got shutout IMO.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
Or Noesi can start spot starting and going as the long man in order to build up his pitch counts.

Like Paulino, Noesi was up at 95-97 when he was facing us with the Rangers, maybe they're getting him to throttle back on the velocity and go more for movement or two-seamers/sinkers, as he was 91-93 MPH today.

Otherwise, Petricka's the only other option, but I think the Sox are more or less convinced his future lies in the bullpen, rather than a return to starting.

And then there's Rienzo, too, who's also more of a long man based on the lack of dominating stuff and an out pitch.

I was at the game it was 35 degrees. It was probably one reason the pitchers were a little low in velocity. As for Noesi, he got through an inning plus, but it was only because of the weather. Unless something else happens with this adjustment, he isn't long for 35th and Shields.