White Sox vs Tigers

Kyyle23

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
No, I've never watched him play. This is my first White Sox game and there is an unfortunately large spider on my screen which is blocking right field.

So you think you can make definitive judgements about outfielders based on what you see on TV? :lol: By that logic, you would have thought Jim Edmonds and Aaron Rowand were HOF calibre defenders.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:24 PM)
I wish I could email the booth. Don't blame the college coaches, Hawk, blame the umps. There's a RULE on how long it takes to deliver a pitch. Enforce it.

What's the rule again? How many seconds?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
So you think you can make definitive judgements about outfielders based on what you see on TV? :lol: By that logic, you would have thought Jim Edmonds and Aaron Rowand were HOF calibre defenders.

Do you honestly think it's impossible to evaluate how good a defender a player is without seeing regular games in person?

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:25 PM)
Do you honestly think it's impossible to evaluate how good a defender a player is without seeing regular games in person?

Absolutely, especially for outfielders. You just don't get a good enough perspective. You don't see plays develop. You don't see how players position themselves. You don't see their jumps. You see about 25% of the play on TV.