White Sox vs Tigers Game 3

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:29 PM)
Chalk this up to management again, Webb is fresh and Jake is tired. Jake pitched.

I don't. Can't win when you don't score. It was a toss up on rather to walk Cabrera or not.. Don't think RV did anything wrong tonight unless he is the one that gave the game plan to the hitters.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 02:31 AM)
I don't. Can't win when you don't score. It was a toss up on rather to walk Cabrera or not.. Don't think RV did anything wrong tonight unless he is the one that gave the game plan to the hitters.

Yeah, it's not the easiest call in the world to walk Cabrera, I fully understand that. Like you said, this is on the offense tonight.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:31 PM)

I would've pitched to Cabrera there, that's not what I said. I said we had the wrong reliever in, today was a Webb day.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)
.134 average RHB vs. Petricka coming into today's game and Victor Martinez on deck.

I love VM but he is not in MC league. If Sox do not score a run it is moot anyway.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
I would've pitched to Cabrera there, that's not what I said. I said we had the wrong reliever in, today was a Webb day.

When has he pitched Webb in a 1 run ball game with runners on 2nd and 3rd and the best hitter in the world up? Come on, Webb has not been in big spots like that and there was no reason to go to him with Petricka having a good BAA against righties.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 08:30 PM)
Hawk and Stone in full defense mod for RV pitching to Miggy, they know fans are not happy with him.

Well, I will say this. I love the Hawk, I think he's a very smart and sound baseball man based on his many years in this game. But in this instance, he cannot have it both ways, IMO. He can't continue saying Cabrera is one of the best hitters of all time, and then turn around and justify not putting him on first base in that situation. I don't care who's hitting behind him.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:33 PM)
When has he pitched Webb in a 1 run ball game with runners on 2nd and 3rd and the best hitter in the world up? Come on, Webb has not been in big spots like that and there was no reason to go to him with Petricka having a good BAA against righties.

Webb has good numbers as well. He should be given a chance to be in big spots.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
Well, I will say this. I love the Hawk, I think he's a very smart and sound baseball man based on his many years in this game. But in this instance, he cannot have it both ways, IMO. He can't continue saying Cabrera is one of the best hitters of all time, and then turn around and justify not putting him on first base in that situation. I don't care who's hitting behind him.

Well put and you are correct sir. Hawk has praised MC more than any other player against Sox not to let him beat you no matter what.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:36 PM)
I'd be for Scherzer trying to finish this game, and have all kinds of bad things happen in the 9th.

He will start the 9th that is for sure. I should of known when Eaton swung at first pitch this was a bad night.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:36 PM)
Well he hasn't given him that chance so why do it now? Doesn't make any sense to just throw him out there just because..

He gives him a chance now because Webb has done a great job for us this year and he deserves a shot in a big situation because of his performance (aside from walks, but Petricka has plenty of those as well)

Edited by Jose Abreu