Trade Winds Forum?

Just wondering when we'll be opening this thing. There are 30 days in June meaning in 2 days we're midway through June, and mid-June is when the trade discussions really kick into gear right?

Every team has 2 points of the year where things get exciting. For contenders it is the trade deadline where you look at adding pieces as well as the last month or so given the potential for the playoffs, and for the pretenders like us those 2 periods are the trade deadline where we want to know who goes and for what along with the September call-up period where we get to maybe see a glimpse of the future. I personally have been waiting for trades ever since ST. I want the Trade Winds forum to open soon so I can think about them officially. JMO. When is this forum going to open?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cool to have a pinned thread where you can just add random facts, tidbits, news about the White Sox that you don't think deserve their own thread. I even thought of a catchy name for it: "White Sox Catch-All Thread"

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
I am about to sacrifice a turkey burger. When I do so I would like all you mods to know that I did it because I felt a Trade Winds forum was necessary.

This is above the mere Mods and Admins. This sacrifice goes to a higher power

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
I think it would be cool to have a pinned thread where you can just add random facts, tidbits, news about the White Sox that you don't think deserve their own thread. I even thought of a catchy name for it: "White Sox Catch-All Thread"

Sounds interesting but then what do you do when you want to post random facts and tidbits about things like hard cacks and spicy mustard? To where would one direct his attention? I feel confused. Abused also. By wite.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 02:07 PM)
But what is that power KyYle? I have never heard of such a thing.

The top. Do i need to spell it out? Ok, I will

C

H

I

S

O

X

F

N

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)
I am about to sacrifice a turkey burger. When I do so I would like all you mods to know that I did it because I felt a Trade Winds forum was necessary.

A TURKEY burger?! What are you some kinda high-falootin' craft beer drinker? Votin' Obama and trying to take the LORD GOD out of the pledge of allegiance?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)

This idea sucks, I prefer not to miss minor trades and tidbits because I didn't want to search through a mass jumbled thread. If there is anything that deems discussion, it should have its own thread.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)
A TURKEY burger?! What are you some kinda high-falootin' craft beer drinker? Votin' Obama and trying to take the LORD GOD out of the pledge of allegiance?

This post is incredible.

I admit it, you got me.

Truth is I am not woman enough to take the full beef, I prefer the turkey.

I really do.

Chicken as well.

I can't ALWAYS live the high life :(

Bet he'll try to pry your guns right out of your law abiding hands.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
I admit it, you got me.

Truth is I am not woman enough to take the full beef, I prefer the turkey.

I really do.

Chicken as well.

I can't ALWAYS live the high life :(

:huh: I knew it.

You are the Turkey Steverson

I am the Turkey Walker

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
I say open up the Trade Winds Forum. It's about that time in the summer. The question is, are the sox buyers or sellers this summer? Can they perhaps be both????

Honestly they can be both depending on the right trade were to pop up.

For example, they could be sellers by selling on Dunn, Beckham, Lindstrom, Downs.

But they could buy if they are still in contention for a young controllable pitcher like Gausman? Doubt he would get dealt though, just giving an example.

I say open up the Trade Winds Forum. It's about that time in the summer. The question is, are the sox buyers or sellers this summer? Can they perhaps be both????

Why?

There hasn't been a single real rumor involving the White Sox, or just about any team, to this point. At this point all we would get is the we should trade for this player type of threads. When that changes, then we will put the forum up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 11:40 PM)
Why?

There hasn't been a single real rumor involving the White Sox, or just about any team, to this point. At this point all we would get is the we should trade for this player type of threads. When that changes, then we will put the forum up.

We don't need any stinkin trade winds

They can't possibly buyers. Well I guess they could, but it's wishing on a star, believing that this team will seriously contend. it's far more likely that they finish last than first.

Don't waste an opportunity to acquire young talent.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 11:24 PM)
They can't possibly buyers. Well I guess they could, but it's wishing on a star, believing that this team will seriously contend. it's far more likely that they finish last than first.

Don't waste an opportunity to acquire young talent.

The way KW used to spin it, trading a veteran for young prospects / talent IS "buying", since you are buying the future with today's talent as the coin of the realm. That said, I really hope they don't squander any youth to chase the Tigers this year.

SMO

:drink