2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@AlexKennedyNBA: DeMar DeRozan has a torn left adductor longus tendon. There is no timetable for his return at the moment. Huge loss for Toronto.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
Crap news for Raps. DeRozan out for indefinite period of Time. Torn tendon in ankle.

From what I am reading, it's the thigh/hip area

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 05:59 AM)
Mirotic has been playing really well as of late. It's going to tough to get everyone enough playing time when Taj comes back. But it's a good problem to have.

He's really turned on his rebounding. It would be great if Niko and Taj could man down the forward positions together.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Niko's up and under, spin off the glass with the foul was so awesome yesterday. One of those euro moves, lol

I mean, it's incredible the leap he took. I'm kind of glad that 5 fouls in 4 minutes game happened, it seemed to flip a light switch on that he can't play if he can't stay in the game. I feel like he's stopped going for the steals which were causing him a lot of hand fouls.

That, and suddenly he's not getting pushed around on the glass. He's doing a great job getting contested, tough rebounds.

Offensively, love everything he's doing. Really fun to watch him now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 09:30 AM)
I mean, it's incredible the leap he took. I'm kind of glad that 5 fouls in 4 minutes game happened, it seemed to flip a light switch on that he can't play if he can't stay in the game. I feel like he's stopped going for the steals which were causing him a lot of hand fouls.

That, and suddenly he's not getting pushed around on the glass. He's doing a great job getting contested, tough rebounds.

Offensively, love everything he's doing. Really fun to watch him now.

You can see where he could be a star in this league.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 09:49 AM)
It takes more than talent to win in the NBA, and the Nets are Exhibit 1.

the Nets are such a weird collection of players. They are like the Redskins of the NBA, they just are mismatched, Older name players, and a bunch of filler around them. The Bulls had them on a string and they were playing rope-a-dope, there was nothing they could do

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 30, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
Mirotic has been playing really well as of late. It's going to tough to get everyone enough playing time when Taj comes back. But it's a good problem to have.

Let Taj get healthy. Take your time and make sure you really limit guys minutes to keep Gasol / Noah fresh and maximize Nik's growing opportunities. Nik is going to be a star, imo.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 08:12 AM)
Deron Williams would probably still be fun on a fast paced team. But sticking him on a slow plodding half court team is just miserable.

Hard to know how his ankle would hold up going fast paced. Jimmy Butler is so stinking good right now. It is awesome to see. I hope it continues and obviously hope we give him his money, haha.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
Hard to know how his ankle would hold up going fast paced. Jimmy Butler is so stinking good right now. It is awesome to see. I hope it continues and obviously hope we give him his money, haha.

That thought's been in the back of my head -- "Better enjoy how awesome Buckets is doing now, he might not be here next year!" And then the rest of my head tells the back to shut up and enjoy it.

Almost unbelievable how well this team was built after being shot down by Melo over the summer. This team is better for NOT landing Melo. Not enough credit is given to the Bulls FO in my opinion. A healthy Bulls team is easily the best East team and a legit title contender.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
Almost unbelievable how well this team was built after being shot down by Melo over the summer. This team is better for NOT landing Melo. Not enough credit is given to the Bulls FO in my opinion. A healthy Bulls team is easily the best East team and a legit title contender.

Have you noticed that there has been a few "Melo: I almost chose the Bulls" articles in the last month? You know that guy(while swimming in his scrooge mcduck money pool) is kicking himself watching the Bulls succeed

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 10:01 AM)
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/searchin...erence-problem/

I'd hate this (see bulls mention). I can't stand west coast games. 9:30pm games are the worst. I feel bad for every CT team in the west.

Since the west is better then the east, I wouldn't like it, but in general, I'd like having more late time games, but thats cause I am selfish and live on the west, haha.