2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
God.

I'm just mad about the no call on Blatt pulling a Chris Webber.

Also at Mirotic, Dunleavy and Taj shooting a combined 4-22.

This entire series has been one long series of no calls. It is obvious to me the refs are in "Let them play" mode. I laugh seeing the complaints that LeBron was fouled anyway on the 2nd to last play, and should have been shooting free throws anyway. Hey great. Meet Derrick Rose. The guy who had that exact same play happen to him dozens of times in Games 1-3 and didn't go to the free throw time one f***ing time during those three games.

It is akin to an ump with a really big or small strike zone. You know what it is, even if you don't like it, you adjust and deal with it. The foul at the basket has probably happened 100 times in this series that hasn't been called, for either team. That is the way this whole series has been called.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2015 -> 04:49 AM)
Dan Roan on WGN is like, "Let anyone get the inbounds except this guy!"

I'm like, "That's the shot I wanted the Cavs to get. Lebron probably misses 9 out of 10." Oh well.

Yeah, you have to credit LeBron. That is a tough shot, falling away, from a bad angle... and he made it. The dude is the NBA's best player. Now you move on and win Game 5 in Cleveland, as you have no choice.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
Talk to me when Pau gets back. The Cavs just had a game where their superstar went 10-30, and they won.

But he hasn't shot well in any game this series and evidence suggests Butler has at least something to do with it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
Talk to me when Pau gets back. The Cavs just had a game where their superstar went 10-30, and they won.

Bulls just didn't have that killer instinct. They never ever step on the throats on their opponents. Well maybe Game 6 against Milwaukee.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 11, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
Bulls just didn't have that killer instinct. They never ever step on the throats on their opponents. Well maybe Game 6 against Milwaukee.

Neither team really has. Both teams had double digit leads in the last two games, and both came down to final shots. I don't think it is as much killer instinct as it is two really good basketball teams going against each other.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 11, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
I love dunleavy, but man, just seems like he either gets 18 points or 0 points and fouls out.

that offensive foul he drew on James at the end was pretty big though

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
David Kaplan ‏@thekapman 1h1 hour ago

I spoke w/former NBA ref on yday’s TO fiasco. “Referees not trained to look at bench when team is out of TO’s. They watch off ball, etc."

That's pretty funny. Like they really are going to call a foul off the ball there. The coach was on the playing floor.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
David Kaplan ‏@thekapman 1h1 hour ago

I spoke w/former NBA ref on yday’s TO fiasco. “Referees not trained to look at bench when team is out of TO’s. They watch off ball, etc."

"We have a rule for technicals, but don't look to enforce it."

Also, Kyrie has tendinitis in his left knee. It looks like after parting the red sea for three years, fate is trying to close it on LeBron.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
I've stayed out of this thread since game 1 because jason said I'm a jinx. I think he's right. I just wanted to say this has been a f***ing awesome series. I'll be back when it's over.

Especially when you compare these games to the horror show that has been the Rockets/Clippers. f***ing get some guys who can hit a free throw. It is like watching bad elementary school basketball. I keep waiting for Howard or Jordan to shoot a jump shot from the free throw line.

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 9m 9 minutes ago

Thibodeau confirms he asked for review on possession, which gave extra timeout.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 14m14 minutes ago

Thibodeau said Gasol is "a little better" but still has done nothing on court.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 11, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 9m 9 minutes ago

Thibodeau confirms he asked for review on possession, which gave extra timeout.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 14m14 minutes ago

Thibodeau said Gasol is "a little better" but still has done nothing on court.

What? There wasn't any question at all on that.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 11, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
This is going 7.

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 4m4 minutes ago

Asked how tough it would be for the Bulls if there's a Game 7, a flabbergasted Thibodeau replied "You think I'm worried about Game 7??!"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
That has nothing to do with possession. It was clearly slammed out of bounds by Niko.

It absolutely has to do with possession, they even mentioned it on the telecast. It was very close to the baseline and they were checking to see if it hit in bounds, which would have ended the game