2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
I thought Pau was out. At least that is what I heard on my drive in this morning.

He is most likely out, but he was the first one at the arena this morning to go through workouts to see if he could play

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2015 -> 10:52 AM)
Seriously, I find all the whining from others funny. These are the 2 best teams in the East playing each other and they are going at it. It has been incredibly enjoyable to watch. Now lets win tonight baby!!!

Sorry, but I'd find losing to the Cavs with a hobbled Lebron and Kyrie and a virtually healthy bulls team more devastating than any of the Heat losses prior.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
Sorry, but I'd find losing to the Cavs with a hobbled Lebron and Kyrie and a virtually healthy bulls team more devastating than any of the Heat losses prior.

Especially if hacks like JE Smith and Dellevedova are killing us from 3. James Jones won a 3 pt contest so I'll give him a pass.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)

I wouldn't call this Bulls team "virtually healthy" Most guys are playing, but guys like Taj and Jo are playing through some nasty stuff.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
I wouldn't call this Bulls team "virtually healthy" Most guys are playing, but guys like Taj and Jo are playing through some nasty stuff.

It's the playoffs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)

And our 2nd most consistent player all season, Gasol, is out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
So why does that only factor in for one team?

And even if you called the Bulls the "healthier" team, Cleveland was playing as good of basketball as anyone down the stretch and this "healthy" Bulls team had very limited reps with each other, which is a factor. Bottom line, I expected this to be a hard fought series and that has been what it is. The thing that gets me is game 2. That lack of intensity the Bulls displayed was just pathetic.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
It's the playoffs.

Something is wrong with Taj's leg and Jo is playing bone-on-bone. That's not even counting what ever has to be going on with his hand, which clearly there is something very wrong with his hand. Gasol is hurt. That's 3/4 of our frontcourt. Rose is returning from his third knee surgery. The Bulls aren't healthy.

Jo's a warrior and he might be bad this year, but damn if I don't respect the man.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
And even if you called the Bulls the "healthier" team, Cleveland was playing as good of basketball as anyone down the stretch and this "healthy" Bulls team had very limited reps with each other, which is a factor. Bottom line, I expected this to be a hard fought series and that has been what it is. The thing that gets me is game 2. That lack of intensity the Bulls displayed was just pathetic.

Cleveland was playing awesome down the stretch with Kevin Love. Both teams are crazy beat up but Cleveland overall has been in worse shape. But whatever, who gives a s*** lets just win this series.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
Cleveland was playing awesome down the stretch with Kevin Love. Both teams are crazy beat up but Cleveland overall has been in worse shape. But whatever, who gives a s*** lets just win this series.

I'm just saying...it is the 2nd round of the playoffs and I still think we are talking about the 2 best teams in the East (as currently constructed) and one of those teams has the best player in the world. Who didn't expect this to be a battle.

Dave McMenamin @mcten

Mozgov was asked if he thought Joakim Noah was one of the NBA's better offensive rebounders: "No." Reporter then asked, top 10? Timo: "No"

Ok Jo, time for the throw back. f*** Mozgov up. Triple double time.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:28 PM)
Ok Jo, time for the throw back. f*** Mozgov up. Triple double time.

Apparently the poster boy for getting posterized also said Jo needs to finish like a man.

Nothing would be more satisfying than Super Jo winning this game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
I'm just saying...it is the 2nd round of the playoffs and I still think we are talking about the 2 best teams in the East (as currently constructed) and one of those teams has the best player in the world. Who didn't expect this to be a battle.

Oh ya it's extremely silly if anyone thought we'd walk all over them. I think some people are just frustrated that we left game 4 out there but that's sports.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)

This has been a great series, and I have no reason to expect that will change in the last three games.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
Apparently the poster boy for getting posterized also said Jo needs to finish like a man.

Nothing would be more satisfying than Super Jo winning this game.

I thought him and Thompson were around the same with offensive rebounds?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
Vincent Goodwill ‏@vgoodwill 2m2 minutes ago

Gasol out tonight, Thibs just revealed. Gasol was doing some exercises in the hall. Thought it might've been a sign

Biggest game of the season and he can't man up and play? It must be pretty bad I guess.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Biggest game of the season and he can't man up and play? It must be pretty bad I guess.

Can't man up with a hammy. You will probably only make it worse

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 12, 2015 -> 05:00 PM)
Can't man up with a hammy. You will probably only make it worse

Chris Paul sure did in Game 6/7 last series. And he does way more movement then Gasol does.

It's the playoffs, this could be the last good chance he has to win a championship. You also have Kyrie who is playing at about 30-40% but is still out there giving it his all. I can understand him missing game 4 since we were up 2-1 but this is the biggest game on the season, you have to be out there even if it's just for 10-15 minutes of the game, that will still help

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
Chris Paul sure did in Game 6/7 last series. And he does way more movement then Gasol does.

It's the playoffs, this could be the last good chance he has to win a championship. You also have Kyrie who is playing at about 30-40% but is still out there giving it his all. I can understand him missing game 4 since we were up 2-1 but this is the biggest game on the season, you have to be out there even if it's just for 10-15 minutes of the game, that will still help

Oh, obviously both situations are the same and should be treated as such. My bad. Pau is a p****