2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
Yeah, except we had a lot of that already.

And let's not pretend that Parsons is somehow a defensive liability. He's 6'9 and he's pretty athletic. We lived with Mike Dunleavy at the 3 last year. I think we can live with Chandler Parsons.

We'd be fine with Parsons, I think Steve understands that but Chandler isn't going to be the piece that wins us a title.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:29 PM)
We'd be fine with Parsons, I think Steve understands that but Chandler isn't going to be the piece that wins us a title.

This is exactly what I was saying.

Teams with championship aspirations don't add Chandler Parsons at $12 mill per. That's that. If y'all are ok 50 wins and a 2nd round exit, which I'm not, then he's the guy you want.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:29 PM)

Oh I agree. But we're probably not getting Kevin Love (trade or free agency) and honestly, we're not a legit title contender with Melo if Rose isn't good Derrick Rose.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:30 PM)

Teams with championship aspirations don't add Chandler Parsons at $12 mill per. That's that. If y'all are ok 50 wins and a 2nd round exit, which I'm not, then he's the guy you want.

So you're saying we should just live with the status quo if we strike out on Melo and Love?

I'd like to remind everyone that Joakim Noah is going to be 30 next year and is a free agent in 2016. We don't have a large window here.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:31 PM)
Oh I agree. But we're probably not getting Kevin Love (trade or free agency) and honestly, we're not a legit title contender with Melo if Rose isn't good Derrick Rose.

Still think there's a chance at Love but ya, I agree with this statement....Any kind of title contention lives and dies with Rose's health. If Rose stays healthy and is a legit #1 option, with this D adding Parsons to go along with Butler/DMD/Niko/Taj/Noah I don't see any reason why that team can't contend for a title.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
So you're saying we should just live with the status quo if we strike out on Melo and Love?

I'd like to remind everyone that Joakim Noah is going to be 30 next year and is a free agent in 2016. We don't have a large window here.

Nobody wants the status quo but Parsons isn't the answer either. Get creative and figure something else out, we're always settling for 2nd tier players and f*** that noise, lets not do that this time around.

And agreed about Jo, so lets not waste another year being stuck in NBA hell.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:41 PM)
Remember when Melo would make his decision saturday. Then today. That was fun

I think the whole Lakers thing convoluted this entire situation. If LA didn't come up, he'd probably be back in NY by now.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:42 PM)
Nobody wants the status quo but Parsons isn't the answer either. Get creative and figure something else out, we're always settling for 2nd tier players and f*** that noise, lets not do that this time around.

I like wishing for the moon too, but let's not give the Bulls' FO too much credit here. ;)

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
Will be hilarious though if Parsons agrees to offer sheet on day 1 of free agency to mavs (rumored to be hot on his heels) which severely restricts their cap space immediately. Also depends on dumping Lin.

Likely to happen if this does in fact stall out.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
I'd do it. I would really like how young our team is.

You have Rose, Noah, and Taj who we could call the "old" guard (the latter are 29 and Rose gets the "old" designation for knees). Dunleavy is clearly a veteran presence.

Then you have McDermott, Butler, Mirotic, Snell, and Parsons? I love that young, projectable core.

*cough* Melo *cough*.

Tweet from Bawl! (BawlSports)

Bawl! (BawlSports):

It's very hard for me to believe this, but a source close to the Bulls has informed me that the team will land Melo.

No idea who this is, but a friend texted me this and thought I would share

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:42 PM)

And who do you suggest getting creative for who is better than Chandler Parsons?

They really could use a SG/SF.... Using the Value Added stat, that sounds fancy, Parsons ranked 15th between those 2 positions.

Players ahead of him are...

Lebron

Durant

Melo

George

Gay

Leonard

Evans

Batum

Harden

Dragic

DeRozan

Wade

Ellis

Hayword

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
No idea who this is, but a friend texted me this and thought I would share

Nobody, since they have 110 followers on Twitter.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 11:30 PM)

Obviously you know that I agree, but I'd still head into year a little excited.

For 3 years this has been a poor jump shooting team, and the bulls will have addressed that by adding a single good shooter. Adding Parsons, McDermott and mirotic would be first time we'd have multiple space opening options. Add in what you would hope to be an improved Snell, and that's a different offensive look.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)

No, I'm saying you exhaust options for Melo first, before moving on... signing Chandler Parsons to an offer sheet locks up 12 million of cap space for 3 days. Signing him to an offer sheet for 8 million does this, too (which is what I think he's worth), and I'd rather see what happens with Melo.

I believe in Melo.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
When it comes to Melo I could believe anything. The guy seems to vacillate from wanting to win to wanting to get paid.

This is first time going through the free agent process, isn't it. Don't blame him for weighting options personally. But if he's heard the pitches, make a decision already.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 07:41 PM)
No, I'm saying you exhaust options for Melo first, before moving on... signing Chandler Parsons to an offer sheet locks up 12 million of cap space for 3 days. Signing him to an offer sheet for 8 million does this, too (which is what I think he's worth), and I'd rather see what happens with Melo.

I believe in Melo.

I wasn't saying we should move on Parsons before Melo or anything. I don't think anyone is saying Parsons is a better option somehow.

And Steve, to be fair, you believed in LeBron 4 years ago and look how that turned out. We need you to be pessimistic this time.

Edited by chw42

So here's an interesting theory.

What if Melo is using the Lakers as leverage for the Knicks to S&T him to Chicago? If it was only Chicago or New York, the Knicks can have leverage with money. But with a second team in the contest that can also give him similar money, that leverage kind of goes away.