2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:14 AM)
Steven A's report is the first one that worries me. I could very well see Bosh headed to Houston and Melo in Miami.

Or there's those reports that LeBron's going to Cleveland...

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
Strange fit to bring in Melo to play 3 and Lebron to 4 or vice-versa. Bosh did all the dirty work for that team that will be missed.

After seeing Lebron shut down Rose a few years back I think it's possible he could play the 2.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
After seeing Lebron shut down Rose a few years back I think it's possible he could play the 2.

LeBron can legit play any position on the court with the exception of center. Although he is strong enough and athletic enough where he probably could play center against an undersized center.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
Broussard is a fool. His reporting has been absolutely tragic.

Not just him at this point. Lebron to Cleveland picking up steam. They finally took down the Gilbert letter off their website this morning.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
Not just him at this point. Lebron to Cleveland picking up steam. They finally took down the Gilbert letter off their website this morning.

Wait that's been on their website since the decision? Are you kidding me?

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
Broussard is a fool. His reporting has been absolutely tragic.

It's not only Broussard.

Woj wrote about it.

For years, Paul has confided to people that bringing back James to Cleveland has been something of a mission for him, and he's encouraging Cavaliers officials to offer no restraint in the recruitment of James, sources said.

In pursuit of max slot for LeBron James, Cavs searching for team to take Nets' Marcus Thornton in deal to unload Jarrett Jack, sources say.

So did Sam Amico and a few other writers not named Broussard.

It could be LeBron playing games again, or he might actually be returning for real. Who knows? But it's a rumor that has legs.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
LeBron can legit play any position on the court with the exception of center. Although he is strong enough and athletic enough where he probably could play center against an undersized center.

He can't defend the one against some of the better PG's. He got torched by Parker repeatedly the last two Finals. Rose he "shut down" for a few plays (which has become a little over-stated with Rose not playing against him the last 2-3 seasons). Still, he's not playing the one all game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
It's not only Broussard.

Woj wrote about it.

So did Sam Amico and a few other writers not named Broussard.

It could be LeBron playing games again, or he might actually be returning for real. Who knows? But it's a rumor that has legs.

I read that to mean that his agent is telling the Cavs to get ready for the potential, not that it's going to happen or that Lebron even has any interest.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
Wait that's been on their website since the decision? Are you kidding me?

Dan Gilbert is a freaking ego-maniac. It's hard to describe but if you look at the handbook he gives his employees of all 75 of his companies you would understand.

Actual reporter Aggrey Sam with a nice rundown of things:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-adju...fly-free-agency

Nice in regards to the info and writing.

Crappy in regards to the sentiment. Bulls FO has virtually given up on Love.

Also, surprised Lance Stephenson isn't even being mentioned. His market is remarkably small. I get that he's crazy, but...you'd think there'd be some interest there.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
I read that to mean that his agent is telling the Cavs to get ready for the potential, not that it's going to happen or that Lebron even has any interest.

LeBron's agent represents LeBron...?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)
LeBron's agent represents LeBron...?

That doesn't mean there's any indication that Lebron wants to go back there or is leaning that way. That article just says his agent is pushing him that way. I'm sure he pushed him to take a max contract in 2010 too, but that didn't happen.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 11:04 AM)
meh Big 3 back to Miami... There's no way Wade opts out of 42$ million and Lebron jets...

Carmelo stays in NY obv... as Stephen A Smith said it best "CARMELO ANTHONY LIKES HIS MONEY"

Welcome to last week...

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
Welcome to last week...

He's saying that Wade would not have opted out of the guaranteed cash if he felt Lebron might not return.

The Big 3 sat down together at dinner before all this started. I'm guessing this is all a big game to them, from Bosh flirting with max contracts, to LeBron giving Cleveland hope. They are waiting on Riley to acquire Marvin Williams, or Pau Gasol and then they will sign again and NBA fans will hate them even more.

I can't wait until this is all over with.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
The Big 3 sat down together at dinner before all this started. I'm guessing this is all a big game to them, from Bosh flirting with max contracts, to LeBron giving Cleveland hope. They are waiting on Riley to acquire Marvin Williams, or Pau Gasol and then they will sign again and NBA fans will hate them even more.

I can't wait until this is all over with.

This made me chuckle