Should He or Shouldn't He ?

Should he participate   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
You should have added a choice "it's his decision". I liked what he had to say about it

that goes without saying, it IS his decision. The thread is asking what you want him to do

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 05:43 AM)
No

HR Derby is stupid, pointless and it can't help Jose.

It's meant to boost the morale of fans of last place teams like ours. Why not have some fun and make it the highlight of our pathetic season? It would be awesome if he competed. Why not? What could it hurt?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 02:54 AM)
It's meant to boost the morale of fans of last place teams like ours. Why not have some fun and make it the highlight of our pathetic season? It would be awesome if he competed. Why not? What could it hurt?

If the highlight of our "pathetic" season is a HR Derby then we must have one of the worst teams in baseball ever. I"ll be glad with my highlight being the progression of Eaton, Abreu, and Gillaspie. As well as seeing Sale and Quintana continue to get better.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 02:54 AM)

The homerun derby is not meant to boost the morale of fans of bad teams. It's meant to showcase the power of some of the homerun hitters in the league. I'll be honest, I like it, but I usually end up only watching the first half. It has taken way too long the last couple years. I voted yes for Abreu to compete, but I'm okay with him sitting it out. If he feels that it may mess up his swing, then by all means he should sit it out.

And this season hasn't been "pathetic". It has been pretty much we expected (or should have expected). Remember that this is a 99-loss team entering a rebuilding year. I'm excited to see the potential of this team. We're going to see some good stuff from Sale, Quintana, Abreu, and Eaton for a while.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)
The homerun derby is not meant to boost the morale of fans of bad teams. It's meant to showcase the power of some of the homerun hitters in the league. I'll be honest, I like it, but I usually end up only watching the first half. It has taken way too long the last couple years. I voted yes for Abreu to compete, but I'm okay with him sitting it out. If he feels that it may mess up his swing, then by all means he should sit it out.

And this season hasn't been "pathetic". It has been pretty much we expected (or should have expected). Remember that this is a 99-loss team entering a rebuilding year. I'm excited to see the potential of this team. We're going to see some good stuff from Sale, Quintana, Abreu, and Eaton for a while.

The way I see it is we're wasting Sale and Abreu and Q. Put some players around them, Mr. Hahn! We're averaging 20,000 fans a game. KC's soccer team averages about that.

Edited by greg775