GAME THREAD 7/7: SOX @ BOS

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
We've seen him play for 2 months. Good gracious.

Call me an eternal optimistic, but I just have a feeling if Viciedo becomes confident again with his offensive game, his defense will pick up as well. He has the arm strength. 90% of his problems are 50% mental (Yogi Berra).

Also, just guessing, but think they would like to keep Dayan in RF and move Garcia over to LF if they don't DH them. Of course, the problem is putting a player of their age at DH full-time, usually that's not a great idea.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:25 PM)
Call me an eternal optimistic, but I just have a feeling if Viciedo becomes confident again with his offensive game, his defense will pick up as well. He has the arm strength. 90% of his problems are 50% mental (Yogi Berra).

Also, just guessing, but think they would like to keep Dayan in RF and move Garcia over to LF if they don't DH them. Of course, the problem is putting a player of their age at DH full-time, usually that's not a great idea.

You are def an enternal optimist with Tank. Guys don't magically become better defenders because they are hitting better.

What might happen, and emphasis on MIGHT, is that he turns into a solid 270/320/480 hitter, and thus, is around a 2 WAR player, aka solid starter.

That's his ultimate upside and if the Mariners want to give us a couple good prospects because they think they are getting a solid starter then we need to jump on it.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:07 PM)
FANTASTIC outing by Scotty. 1 hit allowed in 6.2

To do that at Fenway, just incredible for him, probably questioned whether he'd ever see the majors a few months ago. Way to go!