GAME THREAD 7/7: SOX @ BOS

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
The just showed Garcia taking some flyballs before the game. Of course he dropped it.

Was just going to post the same thing

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
The just showed Garcia taking some flyballs before the game. Of course he dropped it.

He looked good physically though... I had thought he was looking a bit chunkier than usual when they show him in the dugout.

Man I love seeing the guys have fun in the clubhouse.....Something I really thought that was something they lacked last year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)
Still think it's insane to trade him for a relief pitcher and then run Sierra/Taylor out there. How likely are those guys to be improvements?

Taylor is already 4 years older than Dayan.

With Gillaspie not hitting for power, catcher not giving us anything, Semien/Johnson/Eaton not power guys...and losing Dunn as well, you just can't give up on him quite yet.

Farrell mentioned Abreu, Dunn, Viciedo and then Ramirez hitting with pop this year. Losing all three of those guys isn't a great idea at USCF.

100% agree. I also think it's hard to evaluate Tank only using a half season of ABs. He had a crazy April and a horrendous June and in general is a pretty streaky hitter.

However, I do think its promising that his BB rate is up and his K rate is down and both those trends pass the eye test (much better approach at the plate this season). Now we're fianlly starting to see that power return to his game. IMO, it's ways too early to truly judge his 2014 performance, but I think he's shown enough so far to be given the rest of the season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:12 PM)
Supposely Abreu/Sierra/Nieto are all really close...for those worried about Viciedo and Ramirez being traded having a negative effect on Jose.

Seems like Sierra is his best friend right now.

Sierra is like Jose's cabana boy always fanning him and wiping him down after a HR. But Sierra really seems like an energy guy in the dugout keeping it loose.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:16 PM)
Sierra is like Jose's cabana boy always fanning him and wiping him down after a HR. But Sierra really seems like an energy guy in the dugout keeping it loose.

Ya, I'm all aboard the Sierra 4th OFer train for now and into the future just based on what he seemingly brings to the clubhouse.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Please just DH Avisail Garcia next year.

It would be easier to add a LH outfielder...like Rasmus or Cabrera...than fixing Garcia's defensive approach, or lack thereof.

We've seen him play for 2 months. Good gracious.