Sox willing to deal Beckham in "right deal now"

Heads22

The Sox really need to move some of these players next week. De Aza and Dunn can helps some teams offensively. Beckham is bad, but not in comparison to Brian Roberts. Clear out some riff raff and get something - As and AAs are fine. We will bring up the kids anyway in September.

But the Sox are sentimental and I'm not sure how much they want to clear the decks. The org is still stuck on that "don't trade in division" (hopefully not the AL, like Scheuler was) silly stuff too.

Nope, the Sox never, never ever trade within the division. Avisail Garcia is a figment of your imagination.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
I don't think Micah has played anywhere else besides 2B and Semien can play all over. I don't think they want to rush Micah even though he will probably be up in September anyways. I am sure Sanchez, Semien, and Johnson will all be up September 1st but if Beckham gets traded within the next 5 days I think Semien will be coming up with Sanchez being the 2nd choice. I would be surprised if it was Johnson coming up already.

I think regardless of who they call up I'm sure you and I as well as others will be happy to see some young blood in the lineup. I certainly won't complain if it were Semien. :)

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 04:26 PM)
Nope, the Sox never, never ever trade within the division. Avisail Garcia is a figment of your imagination.

And Detroit got exactly whom from us?????

And, yes we sent a couple of players to the Twins 2 years ago; and a couple to the Royals several years ago . Prospects/utility players.

The Sox reluctance to trade within the division has been reported. The lack of trades within the division over the years substantiates it as well.

Not a big deal this year, as the match-ups appear to be NY and Seattle.

Edited by GreenSox

And Detroit got exactly whom from us?????

And, yes we sent a couple of players to the Twins 2 years ago; and a couple to the Royals several years ago . Prospects/utility players.

The Sox reluctance to trade within the division has been reported. The lack of trades within the division substantiates it as well.

Yes, everything that is reported is true. I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I'm looking to unload cheap.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
I think regardless of who they call up I'm sure you and I as well as others will be happy to see some young blood in the lineup. I certainly won't complain if it were Semien. :)

or depressed by what's on the farm

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 04:27 PM)

I like Semien too. Can't understand why he hasn't hit better at Charlotte.

Tick tock, the clock is ticking and still no Beckham trade yet. Maybe the team loves his defense and won't part with him.

Rock ... give us the inside scoop on Beckham. Who likes him? Jerry? Hahn? Is he considered untouchable by the higher ups? Is he good clubhouse guy? Why have the Sox not parted ways yet with Beckham?

Edited by greg775

In the style of the "Miracle on Ice" chant:

"DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!","DFA!",

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
Tick tock, the clock is ticking and still no Beckham trade yet. Maybe the team loves his defense and won't part with him.

Rock ... give us the inside scoop on Beckham. Who likes him? Jerry? Hahn? Is he considered untouchable by the higher ups? Is he good clubhouse guy? Why have the Sox not parted ways yet with Beckham?

The White Sox will deal him in the right deal, meaning if they get someone to give up a minor league player for him, he's likely gone. You can do some of this logic in your head greg.

Seems like there are two options for the Sox with Beckham:

A - Give him away for virtually nothing (like the trades that send Thome to LA and Contreras to COL) so the team isn't on the hook for the remainder of his 2014 salary.

B - Ride out the season and non-tender him.

C - Profit.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
Seems like there are two options for the Sox with Beckham:

A - Give him away for virtually nothing (like the trades that send Thome to LA and Contreras to COL) so the team isn't on the hook for the remainder of his 2014 salary.

B - Ride out the season and non-tender him.

C - Profit.

I don't know what C means but I'm all for A.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
Caufield, you are a reasonable mind. What do you say to the metrics that indicate Gordon is a damn fine ballplayer? My eye test has told me otherwise.

Greg, you have to understand GPx99+, which factors in simulated metrics based on imagination. Basically, what would Beckham produce on a context neutral environment if we has credited with the runs he was "willing" to produce? Then, consider a typical aging curve, temper that with what you think his favorite color says about his personality type, and then scale it to 100. It's park-adjusted, league-adjusted, and bias-adjusted. GPx99+ has Beckham at 82.12, which is roughly equivalent to 3 imagination wins above what you'd expect if a hippo played the position.

That's a B- ballplayer no matter how you want to slice it.

Edited by Eminor3rd