GAME THREAD 7/9: SOX @ BOS

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:26 PM)
Maybe you should stop defending ignorance unconditionally.

It's called rational thoughts. Not the irrational bulls*** spewed in these threads. I hope the last two winners threads were full of full credit to the entire coaching staff.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 02:28 AM)
It's called rational thoughts. Not the irrational bulls*** spewed in these threads. I hope the last two winners threads were full of full credit to the entire coaching staff.

It's funny, as I thought Ventura had a quicker hook than usual with Danks last night, and it made sense as Boston was hitting everything hard against him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)

I'm sorry, I give Robin very little credit for "allowing" Chris to dominate.

However, when he inexplicably gets I. The way of that, then yes, I'm going to blame him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
Funny there was only one post disagreeing with yanking Sale before the bullpen failed. Then the experts came out.

Last time Sale faced Boston, Robin left Sale in too long and he ended up on DL. This time everyone complains he pulled him too early. But he was over his average number of pitches for the season so I have no problem w pulling him. Sale's arm is more important than a single game. As far as choices in the BP, they all are mediocre. We traded our closer and went into the season hoping to find one. They still haven't so there will be more late game collapses.

On the positive side, Gillaspie and Abreu are having great series. Now the Sox have to beat Lester to take the series. Should be a good match up w Q.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
He also doesn't post in any winners threads. So no credit when we win but non stop b****ing when we lose. Shocker.

Because our manager does a lot more to f*** this team up then he does to help them win.

Let's stop pretending he's Greg Poppovich.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
86 and humid at the start. Stone said on the postgame it was hot and humid. He was there. I think it is a good source.

Oh, well then if Stone defies actual weather data, then by all means, never mind.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
Last time Sale faced Boston, Robin left Sale in too long and he ended up on DL. This time everyone complains he pulled him too early. But he was over his average number of pitches for the season so I have no problem w pulling him. Sale's arm is more important than a single game. As far as choices in the BP, they all are mediocre. We traded our closer and went into the season hoping to find one. They still haven't so there will be more late game collapses.

On the positive side, Gillaspie and Abreu are having great series. Now the Sox have to beat Lester to take the series. Should be a good match up w Q.

This is ultimately true, I admit.

I'm just tired of watching this buffoon getting in the way of what could be a fun young team.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
Because our manager does a lot more to f*** this team up then he does to help them win.

Let's stop pretending he's Greg Poppovich.

So you have nothing to say but negative stuff. Sweet.

It's hard to find fans who think they have a good manager. We're not unique. Especially when it comes to pitching, where the bad ones still succeed more than they fail, every failure stands out while successes are the assumed norm.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
This team with really only 4 or 5 good players including 2 pitchers only wins in spite of the manager, but ALWAYS loses because of him.

Seriously dude, you're not exactly Mr Objective either. You suck on the teet because of whomever your "source" is.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)
Seriously dude, you're not exactly Mr Objective either. You suck on the teet because of whomever your "source" is.

Lol. The manager has no bearing on that whatsoever.

But seriously, this team is contending with Manny Acta.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:38 PM)
It's hard to find fans who think they have a good manager. We're not unique. Especially when it comes to pitching, where the bad ones still succeed more than they fail, every failure stands out while successes are the assumed norm.

I rarely, if ever, criticized Ozzie's management of the pitching staff.

Other ridiculous s*** he did, sure. But he actually knew his pitchers.