GAME THREAD 7/9: SOX @ BOS

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 02:47 AM)
He had 107 pitches. If he got to Ortiz there's a good chance he's breaking 120, you really want to do that in a 4-0(at the time) game when you have a reliever that's been dominant ready to go?

All star break rest makes higher pitch count acceptable

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)
Kinda like when he was cruising against the Angels and then Robin decided to leave him in with ~105 pitches and we destroyed him

Bs...he have up hits to 5/6 guys and a Robin left him in there. Stop trying to obfuscate s*** to protect this dope

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 02:48 AM)
Kinda like when he was cruising against the Angels and then Robin decided to leave him in with ~105 pitches and we destroyed him

He was in big time trouble vs Angels in the 8th. Red Sox didn't hit the ball out of the infield in that inning Against him

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:48 PM)
You at least let him give up a run...the guy on second was there because of a ground ball, then he retires the next two guys...he's just clueless.

That isn't what you said when they left him in the game against the Angels.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:48 PM)

That was a bit different... Come on now.

But I had no problem with Sale being taken out there. Not Robin's fault Jake couldn't get one out

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
Bs...he have up hits to 5/6 guys and a Robin left him in there. Stop trying to obfuscate s*** to protect this dope

He might be a dope but he really did nothing wrong tonight. You're completely overreacting.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:49 PM)
All star break rest makes higher pitch count acceptable

107 with two down and one on when you're cruising isn't the same thing as 120 and you just got out if a jam last inning...not comparable at all

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
I came here to make sure that Soxtalk, who melts down over Sale pitch counts, was fired up about him getting pulled with 107 pitches

Thank god I said a couple innings ago that I would let Chris go 8 innings, and 115-120 pitches due to the all-star break. Because now I am on record as being against pulling Sale before Petricka imploded. Not like some of these hindsight people.

He wasn't cruising against the Angels at that point. I forget the exact stats, but after cruising for most of the game he had given up something like five hits in the last seven hitters or something like that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:50 PM)
That isn't what you said when they left him in the game against the Angels.

The game against the Angels he escaped a jam in the 7th and the let two guys come on in the 8th.

You guys are being deliberately obtuse or you're as slow as Robin.

Not even close to the same situation.

I probably would have left Chris in, but given wide concerns about pitch count, not knowing how he felt to begin the inning (remember how our pitching coach relies on pitcher's subjective feel), and knowing we had our best reliever ready to go for the opposing team's best RHH...I don't think it's a crazy move by any stretch of the imagination. Lots of managers would have done that.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
He might be a dope but he really did nothing wrong tonight. You're completely overreacting.

Bulls***. The fact that his pen is so bad makes his boneheaded moves even more harmful.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
I probably would have left Chris in, but given wide concerns about pitch count, not knowing how he felt to begin the inning (remember how our pitching coach relies on pitcher's subjective feel), and knowing we had our best reliever ready to go for the opposing team's best RHH...I don't think it's a crazy move by any stretch of the imagination. Lots of managers would have done that.

I don't like Robin but he did nothing wrong in that situation

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:53 PM)

We don't care about pitch count. It's about effectiveness against the hitters.

Chris was cruising.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
There was a highlight reel stop by Conor and a line out to rf in the 7th, he wasn't "cruising."

Because he gave up a hard hit ball to the third baseman?

You're on f***ing crack, dude