7/10 White Sox @ Red Sox 3:05CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:12 PM)
He's a #2 by almost every statistical formula.

On Q to me it is figures lie and liars figure. he struggles way too much and hits a wall in the 6th inning most #2 starters do not have that issue.

Edited by Soxfest

Let's face it...falling out of the Wild Card race now by losing five straight puts Rick Hahn squarely in the sell mode.

Which is the right play.

Then they can come back to fighting for .500 over the last 70+ games.

I'm sure changing the catching situation (whatever they do) will breathe some new life into this team, just like it did for the Red Sox (see the WEEI anti-AJ article)...there's no doubt in my mind the Red Sox would be looking at a four game sweep had they not made that move. They just would have laid down and died with a 4-0 deficit in the late innings instead of fighting back.

Well-timed, Cherington.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 06:11 PM)
I can't recall the last time the Sox played the same catcher in all 4 games of a series. You would think Tyler Flowers was the greatest catcher ever to get as much playing time as he has. Oh well, Quintana has to get over his 6th inning, 3rd time through the order scuffles to become a star.

Ross and Drew were both hitting their weight coming in. You walk .150 hitters back to back, regardless of not getting fringe pitches and you deserve the outcome. Q is 25 and he will get better.

Red Sox radio guys questioning Ventura for pulling Sale "early" yesterday.

They don't know how many pages at SoxTalk would pop-up (complete meltdown) had Ventura not conservatively/cautiously pulled him and he went down to injury in order to hold or complete what many would consider a meaningless victory in a rebuilding year.

White Sox outhitting the Red Sox 7-2, haha. Of course. 4th straight start for Lester of 7 innings. He's placed himself at the top of the FA pitching list, maybe ahead of Scherzer, since his demands won't be QUITE as ridiculous as Scherzer's.

Edited by caulfield12

Jose was outstanding today. He was a little too careful, I think, trying to keep the no hitter going and it bit him with the two walks to start the frame. Will likely be the difference in the game. He was basically perfect otherwise, and it comes off of two scoreless outings.

He IS getting better, and has really hit a stride with the curve lately. I'm confident he'll stay in the 2-3 range, and could perform closer to a 2. He's also an innings-eating workhorse. A ridiculous bargain.

White Sox not exactly making much of an effort to charge back into this one.

Things won't get any easier against Uehara.

Webb fastball a tick or two better now...95/96 ish.

98 MPH fastball gets KILLT the other direction, almost destroys Garcia.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
Hawk call Asians "Orientals" two games in a row. You would think that gets corrected after one.

UGH.

And we wonder why we have a hard time attracting Hispanic, African-American and Asian fans. Not just the White Sox, but baseball in general (actually, there's a ton of Asian MLB fans in California and NY, but doesn't seem to be a huge presence in Chicago, or mostly on the NorthSide until the Fukudome thing).

Viciedo and Beckham doing their best in this game making it difficult if not impossible to trade them.

Sigh.

Supposedly, the glare/sunlight in the first half of the game was terrible, which is part of the reason for all the Lester K's. But the Red Sox guys say this is the best curveball Lester had all season long.

Flowers will exit this game with an OPS below .575. At a certain point, you have to pull the trigger on him, it sends the wrong message is a player that is playing that poorly does not get replaced, I don't care if it's a "contending" year or not.

Really what do they have to lose, bench Tyler and roll with Nieto for a month. If Sale likes Tyler let him catch Sale, fine.