AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
As do I. It could legit be a thing that really does help him. Wish he would have done it sooner, with the trade deadline in 10 days that's not nearly enough time to really judge so they should still try to snag a catcher.

Definitely.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win. Sox need to get even with the punk Royals. That was our first win over KC in the Cell this year. Must back it up with more wins.

The Royals seem to throw at our hitters a lot. Guthrie really did a disservice to his hitters cause Sale can throw that baseball pretty damn hard. Valencia had to be scared to death when that pitch came sailing in on him. Sale deserves credit for getting even and plunking a hitter immediately. Surprised there wasn't a brawl. Maybe one in Game Two if KC hits Eaton leading off the game.

Bella looked like a big leaguer tonight and Jake looked good. Glad Dunn made them pay for the shift. Other than that ground ball hit at the invisible shortstop who should have been standing there, the Sox couldn't touch Guthrie again.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 11:09 PM)
Great win. Sox need to get even with the punk Royals. That was our first win over KC in the Cell this year. Must back it up with more wins.

The Royals seem to throw at our hitters a lot. Guthrie really did a disservice to his hitters cause Sale can throw that baseball pretty damn hard. Valencia had to be scared to death when that pitch came sailing in on him. Sale deserves credit for getting even and plunking a hitter immediately. Surprised there wasn't a brawl. Maybe one in Game Two if KC hits Eaton leading off the game.

This isn't the first time in 2014 in which Sale retaliated by hitting a Royals hitter. First time was early in the season in KC. I think there will be more of the same tomorrow, but a brawl is unlikely. Especially because they don't have Mike Aviles anymore.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 12:34 AM)
Gillaspie has 300 plate appearances but still does not qualify for batting average leaders. When will he qualify?

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:02 AM)
Need 3.1 PA per game. He's currently on 3 flat. If he plays the next 6 games he'll qualify.

Remember too that you can still win the batting title if you do not have the necessary plate appearances. You just need to take hitless at bats to make up the difference. Gillaspie's average adjusted to the qualifying PAs is .311, good for 9th in the AL.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 11:09 PM)

Bella looked like a big leaguer tonight and Jake looked good. Glad Dunn made them pay for the shift. Other than that ground ball hit at the invisible shortstop who should have been standing there, the Sox couldn't touch Guthrie again.

I wish the managers who ordered the beanballs had to stand out there and take one every time they ordered one. It's absolute f'ing bulls***.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 11:15 PM)
Flowers was also terrible when he started wearing those glasses

This is somewhat false.

Just found an article saying Wednesday the 9th was his first time wearing them...

Since then he is hitting .343/.400/.565 with 3 pretty big RBIs.

I say somewhat false because he did have back to back 0fors in that stretch.

With the 5 doubles and that near massive bomb he's clearly been seeing the ball better since putting on those magical glasses.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
This is somewhat false.

Just found an article saying Wednesday the 9th was his first time wearing them...

Since then he is hitting .343/.400/.565 with 3 pretty big RBIs.

I say somewhat false because he did have back to back 0fors in that stretch.

With the 5 doubles and that near massive bomb he's clearly been seeing the ball better since putting on those magical glasses.

What's his K rate in those games?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
Just once actually, and he was hit by a pitch.

For the full season he's at a >200k/600 PA pace. The only way he'd ever be a successful hitter with that number of strikeouts is to hit 40 HR a season. Basically if you want to know "is Tyler's streak real" watch to see if that K rate goes back up. 5 times in 25 PA's and he's a solid MLB contributor. The rest of the season he's been on a 9-10 K/25 PA pace.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
For the full season he's at a >200k/600 PA pace. The only way he'd ever be a successful hitter with that number of strikeouts is to hit 40 HR a season. Basically if you want to know "is Tyler's streak real" watch to see if that K rate goes back up. 5 times in 25 PA's and he's a solid MLB contributor. The rest of the season he's been on a 9-10 K/25 PA pace.

I can certainly agree with this....It's def gonna be something interesting to follow going forward (If they don't trade for a catcher). I don't wanna say it's a thing just yet but I do think it's rather interesting that he has doubled his double total from 5 to 10 since wearing the glasses.

What I wonder is whether or not he was previously wearing contacts.