Adam Eaton impact

Princess Dye

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 12:23 AM)
Doh. Funny when I posted that I was like uh, 10% times 500 that's 50 and then for some reason forgot to halve it. I blame all the s***ty leadoff hitters in the past.

as a top of the order catalyst, he is very good. he gets a positive results with is on base % and steals.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
I wonder if Eaton is better suited for the 2 - hole instead of leadoff? If Micah Johnson proves himself early next year, I would like to see that. Micah-Spanky-Abreu= (speed, scrappy, power)

With the way Eaton makes contact and is able to punch and spray the ball around the IF, if Micah Johnson can really be a leadoff hitter, Eaton would be a great traditional two hole guy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
With the way Eaton makes contact and is able to punch and spray the ball around the IF, if Micah Johnson can really be a leadoff hitter, Eaton would be a great traditional two hole guy.

Micah would have to show a little more of the on-base strength that Eaton has demonstrated at the major league level. He has yet to start taking walks in Charlotte, but there's no reason to think he can't.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
Not only do I agree, but the way Adam Eaton sees pitches and can work from behind in a count will really allow Johnson to get his legs going once he is on base.

Also a very good point. Eaton sees a ton of pitches when he wants to do so.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 06:31 PM)
Also a very good point. Eaton sees a ton of pitches when he wants to do so.

he is the best the sox have now to be a leadoff batter. it would be great if we got a players

that will able to steal a vast amount of bases..... maybe in the minors however they would have

to prove themselves.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
Micah would have to show a little more of the on-base strength that Eaton has demonstrated at the major league level. He has yet to start taking walks in Charlotte, but there's no reason to think he can't.

He just had 3 BB's in a game a few days I ago I believe

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
He did, which is great, but it's pretty sparse outside of that. And that's fine for now.

Just pointing out he can get walks. Who knows how the AB's are going and what they are having him work on.. Maybe he is just getting pitches to hit and he is swinging and doesn't get a chance to walk.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
Just pointing out he can get walks. Who knows how the AB's are going and what they are having him work on.. Maybe he is just getting pitches to hit and he is swinging and doesn't get a chance to walk.

And he is hitting them. My point is if I'm choosing between Eaton and Micah Johnson to lead off next year, I'm taking Eaton unless Micah shows some quick development.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 12:44 PM)
Not only do I agree, but the way Adam Eaton sees pitches and can work from behind in a count will really allow Johnson to get his legs going once he is on base.

Add to that lefthanded which is always another plus for a basestealerhaving a lefty at bat.

When Eaton and Micah are both on the sox, I would think Micah would be better served in the 8 spot in the line up when he initially comes up for three reasons, take pressure off of him while getting acclimated at the major league level, provide speed at the bottom of the order and line up construction so opposing managers can't just use a LOOGY for two outs in Eaton, Micah and Conor at the top of the order.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 01:09 AM)
When Eaton and Micah are both on the sox, I would think Micah would be better served in the 8 spot in the line up when he initially comes up for three reasons, take pressure off of him while getting acclimated at the major league level, provide speed at the bottom of the order and line up construction so opposing managers can't just use a LOOGY for two outs in Eaton, Micah and Conor at the top of the order.

I really like the idea of Alexei batting #2

Ideally we won't bat the rookies that high in the order until they hit their way there. This is particularly true when you want to insert a lefty that struggles against lefties (Micah) right after or before another lefty (Eaton, who doesn't struggle against lefties luckily enough).

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 06:17 AM)
Hawk used to say, "I love to watch Ray run." I love to watch Eaton run. First to home, who is faster?

Eaton by a hair I think. I'd give the advantage to Durham on triples by a half-step, on the other hand.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 12:17 PM)
Hawk used to say, "I love to watch Ray run." I love to watch Eaton run. First to home, who is faster?

for me, there are a lot of great runners, but the one I enjoyed in every aspect of the game was Julio Cruz.

I remember 1 game in minny, the minny dugout was razzing either him or the sox, on 1 at bat, he ckecked

swing the hit the ball into the dugout, 3 times. I was laughing esp when the ump was talking to him. here is the

question, how can the ump, and I bet he knew it, can accuse him for doing it on purpose?