Chicago and Seattle Tonight

elrockinMT

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
Merkin just tweeted me its tough to drop every guy who doesnt meet expectations. Except for the little fact that we have his replacement in the minors.

Seriously, your avatar is at Wrigley? :o

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 10:45 PM)
You have no idea what is going on with the minor league system do you??

Micah is not ready and won't be ready until middle of next year at the earliest IMO

Beckham has no bat at all hes hitting like a pitcher

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:47 AM)
While I don't think Micah is ready yet, he certainly isn't as far away as some of you are saying... what makes you think he needs another full year?

Given his history of taking a while to adjust to the level he gets promoted to. I honestly think getting him to master one level at a time is the smart plan.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 10:49 PM)
Given his history of taking a while to adjust to the level he gets promoted to. I honestly think getting him to master one level at a time is the smart plan.

He's hitting .291 in Charlotte, he was just promoted earlier this year

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 03:44 AM)
I keep hoping for a TON of roster turnover after this year, but the way things have progressed this year, 2015 is going to be another rebuilding year instead of a contending season. Just too many holes to try and fix them all in one offseason.

Yeah, and a pessimist might say there could be regression from Lexi and Gillaspie who had great seasons at the plate. Also, I love him, but Flowers at any moment could turn into the 10-for-90 Tyler again. Also Eaton is amazing, but could be injury prone. Yikes.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 10:47 PM)
While I don't think Micah is ready yet, he certainly isn't as far away as some of you are saying... what makes you think he needs another full year?

Because there is no reason to rush him at this point.. I would like him to start in AAA next year and watch him develop. If he hits well, getting on base a lot, and not striking out a ton than he should be brought up

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:50 AM)
He's hitting .291 in Charlotte, he was just promoted earlier this year

And his OPS is crashing towards .700 as he's 2 for his last 22. His walk rate is way down in AAA compared to AA (same thing that happened last year from A to AA).

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:54 AM)
And he just struck out 3 times tonight

I actually am interested to see if he can become a good #9 hitter (with Eaton being #1). It could create a lot of good hitting situations for not only Eaton, but Abreu and Avi (who should bat 2nd)