Bring the kids up

ron883

I'm tired of this bulls***. This team aint doing crap. Bring up the kids and get a good draft pick. Wilkins, Sanchez, and Semien are ready. Bring these guys up and see what we got in them. Ravelo needs to move up to AAA too. I don't care about the Paulie farewell tour. We really need to see what Wilkins can do.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
I'm tired of this bulls***. This team aint doing crap. Bring up the kids and get a good draft pick. Wilkins, Sanchez, and Semien are ready. Bring these guys up and see what we got in them. Ravelo needs to move up to AAA too. I don't care about the Paulie farewell tour. We really need to see what Wilkins can do.

I definitely agree with Wilkins and Semien, Sanchez I feel could still benefit from more AAA seasoning, as he is still really young. Semien would produce equally if not better than Beckham. Wilkins would probably struggle, but you have to see if he can be an MLB bat because of how valuable his contract would be, especially with the Sox HUGE need in the rotation.

I think Hahn is still holding out hope that someone will make a waiver deal for Dunn/Beckham down the stretch and he wants both of them to keep getting ABs to get a hot streak going.

Don't forget Avisail.

Garcia, Wilkins and Semien all need to get extended looks right now, like ASAP.

No matter where Gordon is placed in the batting order, it's not helping.

DeAza DFA if no takers on the trade market.

Viciedo and Flowers need to play nearly everyday to see how they finish out the season...with Minnesota locking up Suzuki, that's yet another option off the table for catching in 2015.

Sanchez is going to have a position unless you platoon Gillaspie and Semien, rest Alexei with Semien (and also let him DH or play some OF) and then give most of the 2B at-bats to Carlos.

Guess it all depends on what Hahn's thinking in terms of Semien and Sanchez, and who has more upside overall to be a starter, with the other more or less taking Leury's role over.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
Don't forget Avisail.

Garcia, Wilkins and Semien all need to get extended looks right now, like ASAP.

No matter where Gordon is placed in the batting order, it's not helping.

DeAza DFA if no takers on the trade market.

Viciedo and Flowers need to play nearly everyday to see how they finish out the season...with Minnesota locking up Suzuki, that's yet another option off the table for catching in 2015.

Can we at least be a little patient with the guy who has played like 3 games in 4 months and is rehabbing a major shoulder reconstruction?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
Can we at least be a little patient with the guy who has played like 3 games in 4 months and is rehabbing a major shoulder reconstruction?

seriously, what is the rush. I know it is totally painful to watch, with its present players, as the sox continue

to not perform as we want them to. sept is coming and the prospects will be brought up.

I agree I think Wilkins, Semien and once Avi finishes his rehab bring him up. As for DFAing De Aza, where is this hate coming from? hes been solid in the field and batting the following: .343/.361/.400 - .761 over his last 10 games, .298 /.375/.368 -.743 post ASB & .293/.352/.384 - .736 over his last 30. With how fragile Eaton is and how s***ty leury is it would be foolish to DFA him or give him away for nothing if anything bring him back next year as a 4th outfielder after Hahn actually signs someone like Castillo. If anyone on this team needs to be DFA'd its Beckham.

QUOTE (glangon @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
Patience Padawan. They'll be up in 23 days.

The problem? If they succeed in September, the natural response will be "oh it was just a brief stint in favorable match ups in September, we can't rely on that for next year".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)

The idea of just going with all AAA players is worse then a white flag trade IMO. Use that strategy and reasoning every year and we would be in last place forever

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
The idea of just going with all AAA players is worse then a white flag trade IMO. Use that strategy and reasoning every year and we would be in last place forever

Except the White Sox were within 3 games of first when the white flag happened, so it doesn't apply at all.

This team hit a wall, the players aren't producing and it's time to see what their potential replacements can do against Major League competition

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
I want Avi to not rush it. He can stay in AAA a little longer. He's coming off major injury. I want to see Semien back up along with Wilkins.

Do they play the game differently in AAA?? The only reason players go on minor league rehabs is to get back in the swing of things and get use to playing again.. Dude is hitting .500 in like 6 games.

He would probably benefit from being brought up so he isn't hit by s***ty pitchers so damn much

Edited by BigHurt3515

And who's going to take the blame when/if Avisail Garcia gets hurt in AAA, especially by a wild pitch that gets away from a AAA pitcher featuring Maikel Cleto's command?

He's clearly been busting his butt to get back to Chicago ASAP, if the doctors have cleared him (and I'm not sure how he can be cleared to play in Charlotte but not for the Sox, that's illogical), then there's no reason he can't be back fairly quickly.

We all know there's a big difference between 45 games down the stretch (especially against pennant contenders) and the September games against teams with worse records than the Sox and experimenting with rookie pitchers for 2015 rotations.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
And who's going to take the blame if Avisail Garcia gets hurt in AAA, especially by a wild pitch that gets away from a AAA pitcher featuring Maikel Cleto's command?

Here's clearly been busting his butt to get back to Chicago ASAP, if the doctors have cleared him (and I'm not sure how he can be cleared to play in Charlotte but not for the Sox, that's illogical), then there's no reason he can't be back fairly quickly.

We all know there's a big difference between 45 games down the stretch (especially against pennant contenders) and the September games against teams with worse records than the Sox and experimenting with rookie pitchers for 2015 rotations.

But MLB pitchers throw harder. We should leave him in the minors so that he doesn't get hit by one of those pitches. It makes just as much sense.

Just wait until he's had 10-15 games in AAA. It takes most guys longer than that to find a groove in spring training. That's not unreasonable, that's 1/2 of a full minor league rehab stint.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
But MLB pitchers throw harder. We should leave him in the minors so that he doesn't get hit by one of those pitches. It makes just as much sense.

Just wait until he's had 10-15 games in AAA. It takes most guys longer than that to find a groove in spring training. That's not unreasonable, that's 1/2 of a full minor league rehab stint.

If he wasn't hitting over .500 and he was at .091 instead, striking out a ton and making weak contact, I would agree that 15 or even 10 games would be better.

In the end, it's not his decision, so they probably will hold him back and take the conservative approach.

So we have the major league pitchers throw harder theory vs. the higher probability of being hit by a pitch in the minors (although I'm sure AA has a higher rate than AAA, and harder throwers on average than AAA).

Edited by caulfield12

I believe Avi can only stay in AAA for 21 days max, so he's up Aug 22 at the latest. His impressive start down there and the fact that they've begun playing him in the outfield makes me think he'll be up sooner, perhaps a week from now. So one/some of Dunn, Beckham, De Aza, Viciedo gotta go soon.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
Do they play the game differently in AAA?? The only reason players go on minor league rehabs is to get back in the swing of things and get use to playing again.. Dude is hitting .500 in like 6 games.

He would probably benefit from being brought up so he isn't hit by s***ty pitchers so damn much

Put him in the DH role.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
I definitely agree with Wilkins and Semien, Sanchez I feel could still benefit from more AAA seasoning, as he is still really young. Semien would produce equally if not better than Beckham. Wilkins would probably struggle, but you have to see if he can be an MLB bat because of how valuable his contract would be, especially with the Sox HUGE need in the rotation.

I think Hahn is still holding out hope that someone will make a waiver deal for Dunn/Beckham down the stretch and he wants both of them to keep getting ABs to get a hot streak going.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. And I think this is foolishly chasing scraps, when we should be learning about our assets or lack thereof.

Perhaps JR doesn't want to eat any more contracts after Keppy, but this is getting more aggravating daily.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 04:49 PM)
Except the White Sox were within 3 games of first when the white flag happened, so it doesn't apply at all.

This team hit a wall, the players aren't producing and it's time to see what their potential replacements can do against Major League competition

How so? We are not that far out right now from a Wild Card spot. The point is if we aren't in first place or win every game you hear the same old tired comments and the cry to tear up the team. You are building right now and have to be realistic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
Unfortunately, I think you're right. And I think this is foolishly chasing scraps, when we should be learning about our assets or lack thereof.

Perhaps JR doesn't want to eat any more contracts after Keppy, but this is getting more aggravating daily.

Whatever the case, I bet Hahn has way more information on we do such as offers he may have already received, a timeline/deadline for when he plans to waive/trade/DFA players.

I would assume it very unlikely that Reinsdorf is unwilling to eat salary considering having them play out a losing season is the same thing as eating salary.

The team is rebuilding. There are veterans on expiring contracts and ones who won't be here next year. If they are here for the rest of the season (not including Konk, here) we should complain then. But I think we all know that won't be the case.