LLWS Thread

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that the US and international teams are kept in separate brackets in order to ensure a US vs International final, but I think this gives a huge advantage to the International teams. There usually a lot of weak teams in the international bracket, and the team coming out of there almost always burns through less pitching to reach the final compared to the US champion. I don't know if there is a way to remedy this, but if you are a US team and you want to win this thing, you better have an awful lot of pitching depth.

• 5 months later...
QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
Jackie Robinson Little League stripped of US title for cheating. Apparently the league met with other leagues to falsify the league boundaries in order to create a super team.

link

Wish LLWS ran the CPS sports.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
Jackie Robinson Little League stripped of US title for cheating. Apparently the league met with other leagues to falsify the league boundaries in order to create a super team.

link

Really a shame for the kids that some parents and coaches decided to create their own glory by cheating. I'd hope the local baseball organization who oversees that team makes sure the coaching staff aren't part of this spring's team. They should be ashamed of themselves. These are kids for christ sake.