Dunn traded to Athletics for Nolan Sanburn

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Wickel @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 02:41 PM)
I've been a rabid Sox fan for years, and I hate the term "rebuilding." When you're competing at this level, there is no such thing IMO. I respect Eminor's comment that this is a deep-thinking forum. That's a good think and I look forward to future discussions. What I don't appreciate are the drive-by zingers. There's always a slander assassin in every forum, as in Chitownsportsfan. But then again, his avatar says it all. And, hey, I never said we were strong contenders, but there was a glimmer of hope. With the additon of Abreu and the emergence of Gillespie and the toughness of Sale, who knows what could have happened. We were 14 back two days again, now we're back down to 12.5. When the Indians-Royals game goes final, it'll be 12. Hey, I'm a dreamer. So what. Miracles happen. I love the White Sox. We're all in this together. Let's go get 'em.

If the stock market crashes, the country experiences hyper-inflation, my house goes under, and I can't buy food for my family... I'm calling you.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 06:17 PM)
2 for 3 with a HBP, HR , 2 RBI.

Yep I watched part of the game the fans in Oakland were cheering their ass off for the big guy. Good for Adam glad he's gone as always though. I don't mind the A's they are a scrappy bunch that spends next to nothing on payroll so I root for them against teams like the Angels or Tigers or Yankees.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 12:32 AM)
Yep I watched part of the game the fans in Oakland were cheering their ass off for the big guy. Good for Adam glad he's gone as always though. I don't mind the A's they are a scrappy bunch that spends next to nothing on payroll so I root for them against teams like the Angels or Tigers or Yankees.

Yep, cause he's the new guy. New blood. Second team quarterback syndrome. If he keeps hitting home runs, he'll be a fricking hero there for sure. I have nothing against the A's, so it'd be neat if Dunn defines their postseason run. I still say Robin will have some explaining to do if Dunn finds the fountain of youth in Oakland after reeking on the South Side.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
Yep, cause he's the new guy. New blood. Second team quarterback syndrome. If he keeps hitting home runs, he'll be a fricking hero there for sure. I have nothing against the A's, so it'd be neat if Dunn defines their postseason run. I still say Robin will have some explaining to do if Dunn finds the fountain of youth in Oakland after reeking on the South Side.

Hey greg, who was Dunn's manager when he put up the worst season in the history of baseball??? (hint: it wasn't Robin Ventura)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:12 AM)
Hey greg, who was Dunn's manager when he put up the worst season in the history of baseball??? (hint: it wasn't Robin Ventura)

Ozzie handled Dunn's lousy year pretty well. If Dunn somehow has an amazing September and DeAza and Gordo get good, then we have to question either the coaching in Chicago or the water or something. They are all on WS contenders so it should be interesting to see if they continue to stink or get good suddenly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 11:20 PM)
Ozzie handled Dunn's lousy year pretty well. If Dunn somehow has an amazing September and DeAza and Gordo get good, then we have to question either the coaching in Chicago or the water or something. They are all on WS contenders so it should be interesting to see if they continue to stink or get good suddenly.

No, you question your player development and the job of the hitting coaches and instructors throughout the organization. Robin Ventura's job is to manage the team. He will do what he can to make players better, but he has a lot more on his plate than that.

If Adam Dunn gets hot, then Adam Dunn gets hot. That has absolutely no effect on Robin Ventura.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 12:20 AM)

I can't figure out how the same person could write this and also write that if Dunn has a great month in Oakland Robin should receive some blame.