High School Football in Illinois

greg775

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
Stevenson Football is the Atlanta Braves of HS football, minus the one ring.

It will help Stevenson that they won't have to run the gauntlet in 8A though. 7A will be much tougher because many of the best teams end up in 7A lately.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 06:29 PM)
It will help Stevenson that they won't have to run the gauntlet in 8A though. 7A will be much tougher because many of the best teams end up in 7A lately.

I'm curious to see if New Trier can go deeper than usual. They've been playing well. Only loss was to Maine South in Park Ridge.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 06:29 PM)

I'll go out on a limb and say the top 8A teams would take care of the Top 8A teams. Stevenson, Loyola, Bolingbrook, HF, Maine South, and of course WARREN.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
I'm curious to see if New Trier can go deeper than usual. They've been playing well. Only loss was to Maine South in Park Ridge.

I'll be the homer and say if NT played Warren now, Warren wins by 10. Too bad they can't replay it. Ha.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
It was only 14-7. Was that lots of a defense or just bad offense?

Warren's offense was bad. Their QB was bad the first 4 weeks but now they seem to be clicking. Wish they played Stevenson in Week 9 instead of Week 3.

How come Brother Rice traveled to Michigan to lose a game and Indianapolis to lose a game? Aren't there enough teams to play in the Chicago area? It's their only two losses so far. What am I missing here with that kind of schedule? The reasoning?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
How come Brother Rice traveled to Michigan to lose a game and Indianapolis to lose a game? Aren't there enough teams to play in the Chicago area? It's their only two losses so far. What am I missing here with that kind of schedule? The reasoning?

St Fancis De Sales folded so they needed to get a game.

It is kind of like NCAA where mediocre teams do not want to play good teams. Happened in the DVC and there is one conference where teams are playing one another twice.

The bigger 8A and 7A teams are struggling to find enough out of conference games.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
I'll go out on a limb and say the top 8A teams would take care of the Top 8A teams. Stevenson, Loyola, Bolingbrook, HF, Maine South, and of course WARREN.

I think Lincoln-way east will take down bolingbrook this weekend.

Beat HF two weeks ago.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
How is Beneventi faring with Fenwick? Is he a future stiff for Iowa or can he play?

He's been very average after looking great last year. Think he threw 5 INTs in a game. I think he's Tommy Rees.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)

I believe Brother Rice will get their 3rd loss tonight at Providence.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
I believe Brother Rice will get their 3rd loss tonight at Providence.

Yes but they should handle Rita next week.

Oddly Rice Providence are usually good games.

The Brother Rice coach really over-scheduled his team. They could easily ended up 8-1 and just as easily could have ended up 1-8.