High School Football in Illinois

greg775

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 12:25 AM)
Hell of a game; Providence wins, 45-42. Rice's QB with some insane statistics.

I tell you, though. Rice is going nowhere with defensive play like that. You need to play defense to win titles.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/sports/3...ml#.VEH5NqvwJFY

Loyola is the only team that has been able to stop Providence and Prov won't see anyone like them in the playoffs.

The Celtics offense is insane.

Warren beat Lake Zurich for the first time since 2008. Stevenson is lucky they played us so early because despite an awful QB, Warren's O is clicking and have won 5 straight.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 12:25 AM)
Hell of a game; Providence wins, 45-42. Rice's QB with some insane statistics.

I tell you, though. Rice is going nowhere with defensive play like that. You need to play defense to win titles.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/sports/3...ml#.VEH5NqvwJFY

Sounds like Rice outplayed them from what I've heard. By this point they're a legit contender for 8A, defense or not.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
Sounds like Rice outplayed them from what I've heard. By this point they're a legit contender for 8A, defense or not.

Maybe. Sounds like the Alarcon QB won't let them dwell on this last loss, which is good. Hopefully Rice will get an easy first-round playoff foe and peak at the right time after that game.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 25, 2014 -> 04:38 AM)
Brother Rice beats St. Rita tonight. They've probably played the hardest scehdule in the state, so impressive season for them.

Yes, I watched it on the Cube.

Good high school game. Brother Rice tried an entertaining, crazy trick play late up by seven, which lost about 30 yards in its own territory. They punted, but the defense held out Rita. I guess it was worth a gamble. The kids doing the broadcast on the Cube were funny, criticizing the call and criticizing Rice being in a shotgun and the QB almost fumbling the final snap. Kind of funny to hear the high school broadcasters who attend Br. Rice "telling it like it is."

Like you said, nice season. One of these years I'm going to do the walk down memory lane thing and fly in for a Rice game, maybe catch a Sox game the same weekend, and visit my old neighborhood if anybody ever wants to meet at a Rice game some year.

Edited by greg775

Ugh. Brother Rice lost to Naperville Central tonight. I still say that spread offense is too sloppy for high school. Rice had a great season but it's not smash mouth high school football.

Good season for the boys, though. Maybe they can get hot and win the Prep Bowl playoff thingie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 09:53 PM)
Why do u hate the Catholic League? Cause we recruit?

That, their fans elitist attitudes, and the fact they play by different rules.

The multiplier helps but not as much as people think. It's like the Public League for basketball.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
They beat another public league team in the 1st round. I wouldn't consider them a threat but don't know about them.

Yeah I saw they beat Taft 46-6, but that doesn't really tell me anything.

Loyola-Stevenson should be a good matchup. Didn't matter who the winner of that Loyola-Warren matchup was, the resulting game with Stevenson was gonna be good.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
That, their fans elitist attitudes, and the fact they play by different rules.

The multiplier helps but not as much as people think. It's like the Public League for basketball.

What do you mean diffrent rules? Better weight rooms and stuff?