Victor Martinez Re-signs with Tigers

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Victor Martinez

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
would u want sox too offer that much cus i wouldnt want them too.

That's not the point. Why would the Mariners offer him $90 mill over 4 years? I mean, sure, if they did, they'd probably get him, but they won't offer him that much, so really, your "what if" is a moot and irrelevant point. I was proving to you how irrelevant it was by doing the same thing.

Most people feel that the Sox are a team that is likely to go after Victor Martinez and he'd fill a very big need. We'll just have to see. I personally think he ends back up with Detroit, but we'll see in the next month or so.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
That's not the point. Why would the Mariners offer him $90 mill over 4 years? I mean, sure, if they did, they'd probably get him, but they won't offer him that much, so really, your "what if" is a moot and irrelevant point. I was proving to you how irrelevant it was by doing the same thing.

Most people feel that the Sox are a team that is likely to go after Victor Martinez and he'd fill a very big need. We'll just have to see. I personally think he ends back up with Detroit, but we'll see in the next month or so.

i have not seen white sox are going after vmart just tigers blue jays and mariners.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)

tigers have only 20 million to spend this offseason.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
i have not seen white sox are going after vmart just tigers blue jays and mariners.

Then you have not been paying attention.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
tigers have only 20 million to spend this offseason.

Uh huh. Right. Because slight fiscal limitations have stopped Illitch from spending money above and beyond before.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
Then you have not been paying attention.

Uh huh. Right. Because slight fiscal limitations have stopped Illitch from spending money above and beyond before.

mlb trade rumors not saying sox talking to vmart like blue jays and manriners are.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
mlb trade rumors not saying sox talking to vmart like blue jays and manriners are.

Most recent reports have them as the most aggressive, yes. But local media have reported direct quotes from the White Sox front office admitting that he is a target.

Regardless, it's a long shot at best.

Currently, the focus is Panda. If they somehow win that battle, then Gillaspie/Tank become the default DH platoon for the immediate term, and you concentrate on a lefty/switch LF/RF to round out the offense.

Assuming they lose out on Panda, they may get involved with VMart yet.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen