Jeong-Ho Kang

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
I'd trade Zach Duke for him.

I wouldn't. Over the next four years, the Sox have Johnson, Sanchez, Ramirez, Gillaspie, Bonaficio, Saladino, Anderson, Davidson, and Rondon (and there could be others too!) who could all make appearances at 2B/SS/3B for the Sox. They have Jennings and Surkamp who could pitch from the left side, unless you want Rodon in the bullpen (and you definitely do not).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
I wouldn't. Over the next four years, the Sox have Johnson, Sanchez, Ramirez, Gillaspie, Bonaficio, Saladino, Anderson, Davidson, and Rondon (and there could be others too!) who could all make appearances at 2B/SS/3B for the Sox. They have Jennings and Surkamp who could pitch from the left side, unless you want Rodon in the bullpen (and you definitely do not).

I think there is a pretty good chance Kang is better than any 2B/3B we have in our system.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
I think there is a pretty good chance Kang is better than any 2B/3B we have in our system.

It's hard for any sort of projection because there really isn't much precedent as far as KBO hitters go, but the ZiPS projection is basically .230/.300/.390.

https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/547142136916107264

Even if he is better - I won't say there's a pretty good chance, but I'd say there's a chance - is it worth it to bring him in? How much better could he really be?

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/fitting-jun...-in-pittsburgh/

That article shows a couple of comparisons offensively - Eric Thames and Sean Rodriguez. Both are decent bats who you should not want as a starter.

• 6 months later...

Three hits again today (another homer) after being the hero for the White Sox last night.

We should send him a playoff share if we make it, along with one for A-Rod (KW would be happy to deliver that personally).

Fwiw, the Pirates have been really shrewd with budget-conscious acquisitions like Russell/Volquez/Liriano two years ago, then Cervelli and Kang as well this year.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 1m1 minute ago

Jung-ho kang pirates deal is official. 4 years plus team option. Believed worth $11M plus.

He looks good. We blew it if we had a chance to get him. Looks like a keeper.