Jeong-Ho Kang

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
5M is such a relatively small commitment, I hope it was the Sox

I hope it is too because like another poster mentioned, he would be the perfect platoon for Gillaspie/Sanchez/LaRoche.

Is there anything out there how his game would translate to the MLB? Specifically offensively?

I hope it is too because like another poster mentioned, he would be the perfect platoon for Gillaspie/Sanchez/LaRoche.

Is there anything out there how his game would translate to the MLB? Specifically offensively?

Eric Thames put up slightly worse offensive numbers in the same league and, fwiw, he was about league average as a hitter.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
For $5 million, I hope the Sox got him. Worst case scenario is that he becomes a Tsuyoshi Nishioka type of player, the best case scenario is that he becomes like Iguchi.

It's worth a shot.

I hope best case is better than Iguchi. Because that's kind of a low bar

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 03:29 PM)
More comparisons based on geographical conveniences... Ugh.

I think Jedd Gyorko could be a decent comp but I might be stretching there. It's hard not to see Kang's fit on this roster though.

Yeah, bring him to camp and let him fight for 2nd and 3rd base. I'd be OK with that.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
2005 Tadahito Iguchi was the 7th ranked 2B in baseball by WAR. He would've only trailed Abreu on last year's team.

Exactly. I never thought Tadahito got enough credit for what he did to the Sox. He was the bridge between Scotty Pods and Konerko/Dye/A.J. Having a solid #2 hitter is super important.

There are no rumors of him to the Sox.

I can't wait to see the board go sour on him when it's revealed to be the Cubs.

EDIT: After Melky signing, Rock hinted that we done with signings and need to move contracts to just fit Melky in the cap. This guy could cost anywhere from $15-50 mil, so don't get your hopes to high

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
There are no rumors of him to the Sox.

I can't wait to see the board go sour on him when it's revealed to be the Cubs.

EDIT: After Melky signing, Rock hinted that we done with signings and need to move contracts to just fit Melky in the cap. This guy could cost anywhere from $15-50 mil, so don't get your hopes to high

He's looking for $5M to $6M a year per his agent. If that's the case, we could free a big chunk of that by moving Viciedo.

And we definitely don't have to move contracts for Melky. Reinsdorf gave the ok to increase payroll before signing him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
He's looking for $5M to $6M a year per his agent. If that's the case, we could free a big chunk of that by moving Viciedo.

And we definitely don't have to move contracts for Melky. Reinsdorf gave the ok to increase payroll before signing him.

We tried to and still are trying to move Viciedo to fit Melky under our payroll. One way or the other, Viciedo's contract won't be on our books come opening day.

Now if we want to sign more free agents, we'd need to move John Danks, and good luck finding any takers for him.